Plus sized uniform help - trousers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
Good morning lovelies,
I need some white trousers for my beauty uniform. I am a size 22 in high street sizes and ordered a pair from Simon Jersey which were a 24 to be safe, but I couldn't get them up my calves! I am now freaking out about getting trousers to fit. I'm massively pear shaped, top half isn't a big problem but thighs and calves are big. I thought I was being over generous ordering a 24! I'm really worried about getting something that fits. I don't want to be the fat girl on the first weekend who is wearing her jeans because the college uniform doesn't fit.

Can any of you suggest anywhere I can buy some true to size salon trousers in white, wide leg is generally a safe option to fit my pear shape. I start on the 7th Jan so am running out of time!

Thank you so much
Ashley x

I love my trousers from next if your after white any smart white trousers should be okay hth x

Good point, didn't know if they'd look different fabric etc.
Thanks.

I had the same problem when my college beauty trousers arrived. I too am pear shaped and the trousers wouldn't fit. Luckily for me our kit was black so I just wore a pair of my own black trousers and nobody could tell.

Just take your tunic with you when you go shopping for trousers and try them next to each other to see if they look ok together. I'd think any smart white trousers will go with a white tunic though.

I use Rizues.com, they go up to a size 30 and are super cheap too :)

Thanks all- will give them a try. Do salon clothes normally come up different to high street sizes or was I just unlucky?

tunic tops and trousers are defo different sizes to high street - I've bought 2 different brands and never a great fit!

Thanks all- will give them a try. Do salon clothes normally come up different to high street sizes or was I just unlucky?

Never mind different from high street sizes, I bought 3 same size tops from one online retailer and only one fitted!
But yes, salon clothes are definitely different sizes, look for a sizing chart and measure yourself in all the places they have sizes for then add a wee inch or 2 on to your measurement and you may just be lucky. If you have bigger breasts never expect tops to fit the bust, you have to buy tops that are massive on the shoulder if you want them to even meet at the bust and then still have to sew up the button bit from inside so you're not popping out all over.

Can you tell I'm a wee bit bitter about uniforms? ;)

Latest posts

Back