Pocket Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesekah

Reaction score
I have ask a few other nail professionals but i still dont no what to tell my clients when they come back it with popping in the middle of their nail plate, i use CND and i have look at my ratio just in case its too wet, i have looked at my stress area but i still dont know why they dont just grow out nicely, nearly every client comes back with this and i need to take off the acrylic which has popped... i have een nails for 5 years and own my own salon

Do you mean like a little pocket of lifting in the middle of the nail? When I had this, I was using a brush that was far too big and, as a result, was unable to press down the product enough to secure a good, strong bond. If your brush is a good size, just be sure to press the product firmly.

Another cause may be that the tip isn't adhered completely onto the nail. Maybe you missed a bit when blending? hth!!

i use the cnd size 10 brush but that is only new as i rand CND here in australia and they said it could have been my brush i used before , it only on refills, even if i take off all the acrylic, they still come back 3 to 4 weeks with at least one nail off and 2

It sounds to me like your tip has not be applied properly, it has lifted from the nail causing the acrylic to lift also...
hth:)

Well I think it is most likely that you are swiping your smile lines in with your brush and wetting the nail plate with monomer in the area where the product is lifting.

The nail plate must be completely DRY before the product is applied and not touched by any monomer.

This is a classic cause of pocket lifting. Swiping is a bad habit to get into when using CND.

Latest posts

Back