Point in the right direction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
Hi nail and beauty geeks :)

I have a dilemma, I need to get set up in my home little beauty room but I don't know what to concentrate on first :-/ I already do calgel nails and also bridal/occasional make up but I've recently completed my nvq lv 2 beauty and want to start doing that too. Basically I have a list of stuff I need to buy but I don't know what ones to prioritise first and just wondered with all you experience can you give my some guidance :)

Here is my list of what I want to do....

I know I do calgel but I want to also do shellac as I want to offer a quicker service along side calgel, I would rather just buy the large kit as it seems best value for money, most of u know the cost of that

I also want to start using a stronger nail enhancement system and I'm thinking of doing a conversion with either crystal nails or brisa gel? Not sure if sweet squared will let me convert from calgel straight to brisa? Althought I am trained by calgel to do tips and sculpts.

Get Cnd spa manicure and pedicure ranges.

I also want to buy my facial kit with eve Taylor

Do spray tanning course

Intimate waxing with Kim lawless

Wax from Perron rigot

Callous peels

I currently have around £700/£800 and some of those on my list will take up big chunks of that money, where would you guys recommend I concentrate on first from all your experiance what is more worth while?

Hope this all makes sence lol :) please no sarcastic replies I'm just here because I need help, I wouldn't be asking otherwise (and I'm majorly indecisive!)

Thank you in advance x x x x

Personally I'd go with shellac first, t sells itself so you would be making money, you already have your mani training and if you do the shellac training you'd receive that money back in 4 services (depending what you charge) you'd start pulling clients in, making Limey while training for the others.

I'd also say shellac xxx

Hi nail and beauty geeks :)

I have a dilemma, I need to get set up in my home little beauty room but I don't know what to concentrate on first :-/ I already do calgel nails and also bridal/occasional make up but I've recently completed my nvq lv 2 beauty and want to start doing that too. Basically I have a list of stuff I need to buy but I don't know what ones to prioritise first and just wondered with all you experience can you give my some guidance :)

Here is my list of what I want to do....

I know I do calgel but I want to also do shellac as I want to offer a quicker service along side calgel, I would rather just buy the large kit as it seems best value for money, most of u know the cost of that

I also want to start using a stronger nail enhancement system and I'm thinking of doing a conversion with either crystal nails or brisa gel? Not sure if sweet squared will let me convert from calgel straight to brisa? Althought I am trained by calgel to do tips and sculpts.

Get Cnd spa manicure and pedicure ranges.

I also want to buy my facial kit with eve Taylor

Do spray tanning course

Intimate waxing with Kim lawless

Wax from Perron rigot

Callous peels

I currently have around £700/£800 and some of those on my list will take up big chunks of that money, where would you guys recommend I concentrate on first from all your experiance what is more worth while?

Hope this all makes sence lol :) please no sarcastic replies I'm just here because I need help, I wouldn't be asking otherwise (and I'm majorly indecisive!)

Thank you in advance x x x x

The answer is that yes they will and the same goes for Bio users for the very reason that users of both have been trained to do tips and sculpting! :D

Shellac and CND brisa lite sculpting gel. X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

And the micro plane from s2 for pedis gives a brilliant result instead of callus peel. X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I agree with the others get the Shellac kit, do the training and get offering it asap. It will bring in lots of new clients and be a good earner for you.

As you are trained in all beauty aspects is also consider getting waxing sorted ASAP too as this can be a real bread and butter earner as well xx

The answer is that yes they will and the same goes for Bio users for the very reason that users of both have been trained to do tips and sculpting! :D

That's great news thank you :) x

Thanks everyone what kit would you recommend love cnd shellac or the shellac gold?

I did want the love cnd shellac as its such good value for money (and I'm greedy and want more colours) but the gold will give me money for other things too?! Decisions decisions I'm only working from home would it be stupid to get the bigger kit? X x x

I have recently bought the love shellac kit. It works out better value for money in the long run. It also has colours that maybe you wouldn't initially choose but when you see them in the flesh they are gorgeous. Also you get the two lamps, great just in case one was to break down. Really very happy with my purchase.:)

I have recently bought the love shellac kit. It works out better value for money in the long run. It also has colours that maybe you wouldn't initially choose but when you see them in the flesh they are gorgeous. Also you get the two lamps, great just in case one was to break down. Really very happy with my purchase.:)

Thank you! Just looked in the webpage and it sold out :( looks like I will have to wait x x x

Thank you! Just looked in the webpage and it sold out :( looks like I will have to wait x x x

Why not ring customer care to place your order ... The web page info changes so rapidly and therefore is not always current to the minute. Always nicer to discuss things witha real person. : hug :

Will do, thank you for your help x

I've finally done it, I've took the plunge and ordered my "I love shellac kit" omg I can't wait!!! :)
Also have my eve Taylor kit now another exciting step and I've signed up with lycon (I know I was going to go with Perron rigot but saw lycon at the show the other day), I'm going to give the micro plan a go too before the callous peel.

Just need to pick a spray tanning company now to train with Mmmmmm to many choices!! And get booked up with kim :-0 lol x

I've finally done it, I've took the plunge and ordered my "I love shellac kit" omg I can't wait!!! :)
Also have my eve Taylor kit now another exciting step and I've signed up with lycon (I know I was going to go with Perron rigot but saw lycon at the show the other day), I'm going to give the micro plan a go too before the callous peel.

Just need to pick a spray tanning company now to train with Mmmmmm to many choices!! And get booked up with kim :-0 lol x

Fantastic ... thank you ... I do not think you will have any regrets. xx Make sure you put yourself on the Shellac Salon Locator at lovecnd.com This is something you have to do yourself by managing your account. well worth it and it is free advertising for you from S2.

Fantastic ... thank you ... I do not think you will have any regrets. xx Make sure you put yourself on the Shellac Salon Locator at lovecnd.com This is something you have to do yourself by managing your account. well worth it and it is free advertising for you from S2.

Lovely will do glad finally be part of the CND family! X

Latest posts

Back