Polish and Shellac application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail_316

Reaction score
Hi all
I polished my mums nails for the first time in ages at the weekend after Reading Gigi's tutorial about polishing and the result was rubbish!
Looking at pictures of polish and shellac application it seems other people can apply both without leaving really noticeable gaps all around the nail. My gap between the eponychium was so obvious!
Any advice would be greatfully received.
Thanks!
Gail x

Hiya ...did you do the push up to meathod....? if so just push up a little further.

Place your brush near the cuticle area and the push the colour up closer to the cuticle area but not touching and then pull the brush back down the full length of the nail...and so on...HTH x

Thanks Angie!
Gail
xx

The Push Pull method is all explained very clearly in my tutorial and is the same a Angie is describing. Why not do a skill building class and learn how to polish with an expert?

Something else i learned recently actually from Geeg at The Event...dont stress too much over the first coat...if its patchy then fine...the second coat will sort that.

Just keep the layers thin and concentrate more on placement with the first coat and coverage with the second...HTH x

Latest posts

Back