Poll: tutorials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you prefer to see in tutorials

• Designs done on live person/real Nails

Votes: 93 67.9%
  • Designs done on Colour pops/colour wheel

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Design shown on wheel/pop then finished design on Fingers

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Not Bothered

Votes: 30 21.9%

• Total voters

busybee32

Reaction score
Hey guys, wondering if you can help me.
Want to run a poll to find out what people prefer to see on tutorials.
Do you prefer designs done on a real live person, colour wheel, tips or not bothered.
Would you prefer to see designs done on both, colour wheel/colour pops and then the actual nail.
Thanks for your help. :hug:
Jen

When your starting out, tutorials on a model is always good, but as your experience grows you learn to adapt, so I'd say perhaps some live, some on wheel :)

I agree with Ampmnailtech :)

I love to see tutorials on real models best of all but it's not always possible and we can adapt anyway.

Does this mean we are going to see some more wonderful things from you Jen? ;)

I much prefer on real nails. Sometimes these tutorials look great on big colour pops but don't translate well to real life nails, especially those nails that may not be very long.

I personally don't mind what they are on.

I tend to agree that the large colour pops are obviously far bigger than any nails we do on a regular basis, so sometimes it is hard to translate this over to real nails. Then the colour wheels and small colour pops are more realistic but still a little larger. Obviously on real fingers is always great too.

I'm not too fussed, as long as the tutorial has good lighting, camera work (we can see what's happening rather than the back of the hand) and good descriptions.

I love me some good tutorials. Hope this means we get to see more of your fab work?? x

I prefer on real nails. I think you get a much better idea of the design and how it translates on a clients nails that way. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Another vote for real nails too.

vote on live nail art, I want to know, for different cases, what can we do to make a perfect nail art. :D

I vote real nails x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks guys,that's very helpful.
All will be revealed soon, we just needed to get a feel what would people prefer to see. So you have all been a great help.
Thanks
Jen xx

I voted 'not bothered'.

I look for inspiration and new techniques :)

Can't wait to see what it's for!

Personally, I prefer real nails x

Another vote for real nails x

I prefer real nails personally ie a model, but until I hopefully move next to my sister in law and niece next month I have to make do doing mine of myself or pops ;) xx

My automatic thought was real nails, so voted for that. But giving it some more thought, I feel it's really important to be able to see the design details, so the larger pops can be really useful for that.

When I look at Young Nails tutorials I am a bit disappointed when they bring the nail trainer into view.
I prefare the real deal!

I agree with linzi ... I watch for technique .. It's up to me as the artist to adapt a design to any 'real' nail using the techniques shown. So I'm not bothered whether I am shown on a real nail or not. Love your videos, Jen whatever you choose to do. XX

Last edited:
I agree that seeing a design on a colour pop can always be adapted to real nails, but if the design in the tutorial has also been done on real nails and not recorded a picture of it on the real nails would be nice as an addon at the end :)

So I voted - Design shown on wheel/pop then finished design on Fingers

Love watching you tutorials Jen x

I'm not worried either way, but just love watching ! Hugs x

I watched your tutorials yesterday Jeni so can I change my mind and say no it doesn't matter , you do a great job regardless , easy to follow and explained well.

I had a go at your galaxy nails and it looks savage.

Latest posts

Back