Poorly eye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula's beauty

Reaction score
Last week I had to take my dog king Charles cavalier to the vets...he now has dry eye £104.00 later.Has anyone heard of this or has a dog with this condition? He feels so sorry for himself , bless him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Last week I had to take my dog king Charles cavalier to the vets...he now has dry eye £104.00 later.Has anyone heard of this or has a dog with this condition? He feels so sorry for himself , bless him.

Yes I have heard of it. They told me westies are prone to it but thankfully my westie didn't have it when tested and is still clear.

Poor little mite. Hopefully the drops you have been prescribed will help him feel better soon.

Here's a link I found for you

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...7YCYDw&usg=AFQjCNGtgK8C24fsKRfRm9RBjZB2NCQ7RQ

I used to work as a vet nurse, and unfortunately we saw many KCC with this condition, its a genetic disorder, and comes with the breed. Breeders should not carry on breeding a line if they have dogs that suffer from it. Is he insured? You may want to find out if this is an exclusion from his insurance as often they dont insure genetic problems..Insurance companies like to get out of everything!

I'm sure your vet will do all they can to make him comfortable bless him, poor little guy, hopefully the drops they give you will kick in soon.
I can imagine you are spoiling him now :)

Dry eye is awful my cavalier has it very severely. PM me I can give you details of meds I use xx

I don't know what it is but hope your baby gets better soon. I had to wait for my dog to fall asleep before I gave him his drops (he threw a tug
Of war toy in the air and it hit his eye). Luckily that's the only reason he's needed a vet for medical reasons in 15 years. Apparently it's because he's a mixed breed (jack Russell and whippet) xoxo

Latest posts

Back