Poorly friend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claireamy

Reaction score
I've just been told that a friend of mine has been diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas and liver. Its not operable and no treatment can be given.
This has come as a huge shock to me. She's in hospital at the min and I'd like to go and visit her but I don't know what to expect and how to prepare myself for it. Has anyone got any experience of this?
Thank God, I've got to 31 yrs old and have never had to deal with cancer in any of my family or friends so this is new to me.
My friend is only 51 and her grandson is just coming up to his first birthday. I just feel incredibly sad for her.

I have just lost my friend yesterday to cancer and I cannot begin to explain how devastated I feel. I had seen her last week and was totally shocked at how much she had deteriorated in the space of 10 days.

I think the sensible thing to do here would be to ring the hospital where she is and get them to ask your friend if it is ok for you to visit, she may after all not want you to see her if she is very poorly and not looking her best. Alternatively if you know any of her family ring them and ask them their opinion.

Unfortunately, I have another friend in a very similar situation but at this moment (thank goodness) she is well and I am seeing her a couple of times a week. We do shopping and stuff which is great and we are making the most of the time that she has left as she has refused treatment.

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this very sad situation Claire and nothing I can say can make it any easier for you.

My huge :hug::hug: to you, your friend and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back