Portable card machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm an extensionist that works from home and mobile, I was just wandering if you can get a card machine that I can use at home and on the go? I don't know if this is possible? And what should I expect to pay? Xxx

Hi
I have also been looking into this and there is a thread on here somewhere regarding that. But for quick reference people seem to be using Paypal and CCS. I know there are a few more, but those are the names that keep coming up.
Hope that helps?
Jo

Hi!

I'm an extensionist that works from home and mobile, I was just wandering if you can get a card machine that I can use at home and on the go? I don't know if this is possible? And what should I expect to pay? Xxx

Yes you can. We have one that we take to training courses.

You will pay a monthly fee for the machine, and then they take a percentage of each transaction.

Hi I use Worldpay Zinc and I've found it great. You buy a terminal that works off of your phones Bluetooth or 3g. I personally think this looks more professional than the little card readers that fit onto your phone from other companies. The payments go through in a couple of days.
What I really like about it is that you can alter the price plan according to how much your usage is. I started off on the pay as you go plan which was 2.75% per transaction but now I am using it a lot so have changed to what they call all you can eat....so I pay £12.99 a month with no transaction fee. I think there is also another choice in between those two.
They have a refer a friend scheme if anyone is interested x

It depend on your takings. The worldpayzinc zinc one is good if you take between 500-1000 p/m. If you take less than this then paying 2.75% on transactions are better. However check what the company offers - some do not offer partial refunds if you need to or customer not present transactions. Some are paperless and have no printer. I have been looking as I want to get rid of my standard streamline reader for a mobile device. The intuit pay looks good for starters as you can customise it as well.

I'm using sum up and love it, as do my clients. Check out their website :) also handy app to keep track of all your takings, including cash

I've just gone with a company called retail merchant service which are fab! If you are going to do less than £1350 a month on credit & debit cards alone. Then this is the best deal machine rental £14.95 a month, all cards 2.95%
1 off fee for GPRS sim £25
Till rolls£15 (will last a couple of years)
As part of this you get free legal advice for personal and business, free Tax & Vat investigation insurance amongst many other benefits. Normally this terminal is £31.95 a month and because it is GPRS you get signal almost anywhere and costs nothing to run.
Inbox me if anyone's interested I can give you the Reps number x

It might be a silly question but does it affect our accounting?

I use iZettle... It's ok but I think fees are about 3% and I never know who paid for what :/

Sumup has just reduced its fees to 1.95%, it doesn't affect anything as they email you every time they out a deposit in and they give you a spreadsheet of every transaction and the percentage they have taken

Latest posts

Back