Portable Couches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Star

Reaction score
Hi All

I need a new couch and was wondering if anyone has heard of or has the Extralite Portable Beauty Bed? The one I saw was from Direct Salon Supplies and it weighs 10.4 kilos - perfect for mobile.

However I have heard a lot of people recomend the REM Airlite. This one weighs 12.5 kilos.

I'm really torn now! lol

Advice welcome - Thanks!

Buy the lightest one you can afford. I speak from experience as I have advanced facet joint degeneration due to carrying a portable couch for 10 years. I am in pain every day and if I had known this would happen I would have made sure that I bought the lightest one possible. :confused: xxx

I have the REM and it is great, sturdy and very comfortable for the client but lighter would be much better! I would have to try the couch out to see if it is still comfy as the cushioning looks thinner but if it is just as comfy then I would go for it as a little less weight would make all the difference!:hug:

Hi I got mine off an ebay shop, brand new has carry case and all the bits and bobs to go with it, 10kgs it was £90 hth xx

Hi Thanks for the replies!

Sarah can I ask is it comfy? The Extralite does seem a lot thinner as Weezie said. Only thing is I can't go and see it to try it out - buying it online or over the phone...

I have the REM couch and I love it!
Nice and light and all my clients comment on how comfortable it is and how sturdy it feels.

Hi Thanks for the replies!

Sarah can I ask is it comfy? The Extralite does seem a lot thinner as Weezie said. Only thing is I can't go and see it to try it out - buying it online or over the phone...

hiya yeahis really nice and comfy, better than some I've lay on lol mine is cream and comes with a black carry case, only draw back is the back does'nt come up but for the weight and price I'd say it was worth it.
Bought it direct from the ebay shop think its feelgooduk xx

Hi All

I need a new couch and was wondering if anyone has heard of or has the Extralite Portable Beauty Bed? The one I saw was from Direct Salon Supplies and it weighs 10.4 kilos - perfect for mobile.

However I have heard a lot of people recomend the REM Airlite. This one weighs 12.5 kilos.

I'm really torn now! lol

Advice welcome - Thanks!

Hi,

Go for the Rem Airlite couch. I've sold plenty of them to customers and they are really good. We've had all sorts of extralight beds in stock and they are either very flimsy or just poorly made and don't last. This is why I have been sticking to the Rem one as there backup and aftercare is mega.
The link to the rem site showing this bed is Airlite Portable Couch White ‹ Beauty Salon Furniture ‹ REM Salon Furniture

I could sell you one no problem. I'll email you with a mega price.

Cheers,

Ewd

yes definately go for the lightest. i bought mine second hand, and the father very kindly lifted into my car...when i got it home i couldn't lift it out of the boot of my car!!!! lol x

Hi, I'm just having the same problem, can't decide between the REM airlite and Extralite, only thing that puts me off the extralite is the price, think it seems quite cheap, mine broke beyond repair today so need to order asap and can't make my mind up! Cheapest i've found REM is £277 with carry case+ VAT + delivery. Extralite i've found for £109 with free beauty tunic!
xx

I bought a xlight bed only 10.5 kg from sunrisebeautyuk on ebay. It's ideal as i have a bit of a delicate back from a car accident last year, it was only £79.95 & p&p xx

Hi Sarah, just had a look at the xlight, does it have an adjustable back rest? x

The REM stuff is reliable, and that's important. I have had friends with cheaper beds go to shows and things, go to set-up and the bed supports have snapped. It can cost you more money in the end.

Su x

Thats what i'm thinking, its probably worth investing more as it'll be a stronger frame and harder wearing. xx

Last edited:
Yes it can happen with any bed but REM is decent, the girl in question was doing a shop/pamper thing about an hour from her house, you can imagine what the panic was like when it went bang. A lot of the cheaper ones although they look strong are not, they are also very heavy sometimes.

Hi I'm looking for a portable couch too, so thanks for your advice. I just found the REM Airlite for 213 at Direct Salon Supplies. Seems like a great price.

Latest posts

Back