Portable Table (i Have Done A Search, Honest)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie-b

Reaction score
I've been trying to find where I can buy a lightweight cheap table that I can use for mobile work. I've done a couple of searches and have found some info from folks recommending the likes of Ikea and Argos. Could you let me know the name of the tables as when I've checked out their websites I can't find the ones that are being referred to. Or if anyone has got a table from elsewhere could they let me know the details so I can check them out. I've done a google search and haven't had any joy.

Sorry if folks have posted up this info before but I have done a site search (honest) but can't find any specific info.

Best wishes

Julie

When I was mobile i used one of those fold up wooden "tv dinners" table, nice and light, portable and just the right height. Cost me a tenner from a discount shop, I think Ikea sell them and I have seen them about for £8.00. Cheap as Chips!

Check out Argos. I use this one.. Cat #: 340/8850. Just make sure that they don't try "give you an alternative."

You want the one that folds up and has a carry handle like in the picture.

Sassy Hassy said:
When I was mobile i used one of those fold up wooden "tv dinners" table, nice and light, portable and just the right height. Cost me a tenner from a discount shop, I think Ikea sell them and I have seen them about for £8.00. Cheap as Chips!

I thought about one of those a while ago but found them too small to work out - what dimensions is yours Sassy...

when i worked mobile, i felt i had enough to lug around without a table! I know from experience some people don't even have a table of any sort (!) let alone one which is the right height, width etc. However, i overcame this by using their ironing boards! They're adjustable, narrow and perfect for doing their enhancements. perhaps you could consider this - not suggesting you lug an ironing board around, but you could utilize theirs. i used to carry a pvc type table cloth to protect it and off i went! Worked a treat for me and saved on the kit i carried around as well as the money!

I use a picnic table that I got from Woolworths - maybe not much chance of them having them in stock now but its worth a try ... it was around £12.99 - it's very lightweight and portable and the perfect size and height!

Mish x

HI julie,
I am mobile. I use a table from a camping shop cost about £27 and the legs are adjustable for height. Very sturdy and does me fine. Have seen some tables for nail peeps in mags that are £80 + . check the ads in the back of Pro nails mag. Hope this helps.

It a bit more buts its great, did me for 4 years. Its from beauty express tel; 0845 702 3803 code 136201 @ £106. White desk, fold down legs.

REM have a portable table on their website £130 + VAT. I was wondering if anyone had used this and if so what did they think of it, it looks very compact and would fit in the boot of the car a treat. A bit pricy though and with me being a 'big lass' maybe not the most ideal choice for me?
Jen

I'm having a nightmare trying to find a table too! The Argos one looked perfect but all of my 3 local-ish Argos stores only have the non-folding-in-the-middle option, and can't get hold of the other.

I thought of those tv dinner-type tables, but there's barely any room on them...

I'm still looking, so will post if I find anything :)

Vodkababe

Vodkababe,

I am in MK and they only had the non folding version in CMK, so I got them to check with Bletchley and the Bletchley staff went and actualy verified that they had the folding one, then reserved it for me. (They did actually have the non-folding one TOO - So ask them to check ALL the ones they have in stock at both stores.)

They get stock in all the time, so it is worth staying on their case.

Miss Biscuit. xx

Thanks for the suggestions folks! One more question, what would you consider the best height? I also like the look of the Argos picnic table but wondered if 60cm was high enough?

Julie,

I find the height fine, I use it with one of those posture stools (See Argos cat no: 617/9454) on the advise of my Creative trainer.. And it's perfect.

I did a set the other week where the client had no dining chairs or stools, so she sat on her sofa and that was the right height too.

Oops sorry i haven;t replied before:o . It is only a small table, but I bought a set of 3 plastice boxes from Next, I carted most of my nail stuff in the big one. When I got to the client's house I would take out all my stuff, out the lid back on the box and then put all my stuff on the lid - uv lamp on table, tip boxes, cutters, files, nail cleaner, gel pots etc on lid. It worked a treat and became a little party piece getting it all in and out of the box lol!!

Fab Freak said:
I thought about one of those a while ago but found them too small to work out - what dimensions is yours Sassy...

Miss_Biscuit said:
Julie,

I find the height fine, I use it with one of those posture stools (See Argos cat no: 617/9454) on the advise of my Creative trainer.. And it's perfect.

I did a set the other week where the client had no dining chairs or stools, so she sat on her sofa and that was the right height too.

I looked at that one but a 60sm its too low for me :cry:

Many thanks to everyone for your replies they were a great help:biggrin: I headed off to Argos and bought the portable picnic table. As I'm a bit of a short arse the height is fine for me. I sit on a foldable chair and the client sits on the sofa so they are a bit lower which works out very well. It's a massive improvement on having to get into positions that would put a Russian gymnast to shame! So it's better for my back and looks so much more professional!

So thanks again folks:wink2:

Julie

that argos one looks great, i wanted to get hold of the quantis one in ellisons its only £20, plastic and it folds completley in half but when i went to order it they said it had been discontinued and couldnt find it anywhere else.
what would i do without this site?
zoe

Hi Julie,

To keep my costs low when I started I used a picnic table from Woolworths. Wrong time of year now with all the rain :sad: It only cost 12.99 and I still use it, its very light weight for carring around. Bonus: It had a pink top! :D

Jenny

Latest posts

Back