Portfolio for an interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruberio

Reaction score
hi guys, i need a little advice! this morning i have managed to get an interview at a great salon tomorrow for a trainee/junior position, the only thing is that my main portfolio of work is at college ( a lecturer wanted to have a look through it) and the college is closed until next week! i would honestly kick my own backside if i was flexible enough for not having a back up at home:irked:, i do have a lot of images saved on my laptop but they are mainly of styling/hair up work so i have printed them off and i am making a portfolio of these, do you think this will be ok to take with me tomorrow? the salon does offer hair up/bridal packages. this has come out of the blue but i'm so annoyed with myself for not having a back up xxx

Nightmare about the porfolio
I think our picture back-ups will do great. You've got loads of clever hair-ups you can show I'm sure. Have you tried calling your tutors, as sometimes the lecturers go in (they do at mine anyway!)
Last but certainly not least GOOD LUCK!!! Fingers crossed and knock their socks off :D

thanks lovie, i did ring today but my lecturer wasn't there :cry: xxx

I think they will be impressed that you showed initiative to print off other pics of your work , id take you on any day for that ;-) . Good luck lovely! xx ps if it makes you feel better just explain what you did to us , you will be fine .

I would be very impressed that someone showed their initiative an printed off a back up portfolio. Best of luck for tomorrow

thank you guys, i feel better about it now! i ran the pics through an online photo editor thingy and cropped and bordered them and generally tidied them up ( sorry tech isn't my strong point lol), got them printed off in Boots and got a slick little black card paged portfolio book (bargain from Hobbycraft) to mount them on :D...honestly you would think at my age i would know better xxx

Good luck with the interview. xx

Good luck with the interview. xx
thank you! it seemed to go really well but i don't want to get my hopes up because they still have so many people to see but fingers crossed! its an absolutely gorgeous salon and the owner and manager were lovely :). oh and the back up portfolio went down well :) xxx

Latest posts

Back