Portraying a relaxing nail room....oils? fragrance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for a particular smell, from the Dermalogica range Mooey.

Thanks anyway. :)

Ah sorry chick! Must have mis-read. I blame it on being a Sunday morning and all...

Nicole333 what scent is it you are looking for? as in what is the product??? you said you are no closer, there has been a lot of suggestions...

It's all in the original post there, at the beginning.

I wish I had more to give, to pinpoint it, which is why the original question went to the Dermalogica Geeks in the consumer forum.

Hence, feeling no closer to my quest.

I'll pop into Liz Earle tomorrow, to see what they have if I can't get the info I need.

Can you find out what the scents are in the dermalogica facial? Then maybe find a place where they will mix you up a scent?

Otherwise try Ashleigh and burwood BEAUTIFUL scents!

Nicole, have to say I'm also now getting a bit confused on what you actually want from this post. You actually said at the end of your OP, what is it "we" use to create that relaxing environment and we're all telling you.

You keep mentioning that you specifically want this particular dermolgica smell, so surely it's a case of buying the oil that's used for the facials, popping some on a face cloth or other cloth of some description and pop on a warm radiator to radiate the smell? Or have it hidden on a shelf somewhere. Or am I really missing something here :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

It must be one of the additives - soothing, clearing or revitalising. They are basically a blend of essential oils that the therapist uses to customise the treatment. Unfortunately they are pro only products though so your dermalogica therapist wouldn't be able to retail th to you. HTH xx

It must be one of the additives - soothing, clearing or revitalising. They are basically a blend of essential oils that the therapist uses to customise the treatment. Unfortunately they are pro only products though so your dermalogica therapist wouldn't be able to retail th to you. HTH xx

Thank you, I guess this confirms what I feared. I'll just have to enjoy it by myself when I have a facial!

I will check out all the other smells that have been suggested on here and pop into Liz Earle too.

Thanks again Geeks :)

Yankee candle tart in an oil burner. You will never look back. Try the garden sweet pea. It smells gorgeous x

Naked flame.... Nail room... !!
Please ensure you have correct ventilation and your COsHH isup to date and you fully understand the dangers of the chemicals you use.

Last week it was posted on the nail forum about the poor lady who got engulfed in flames and was badly burnt in a salon up north.

Never risk yourself or your clients.

I use plug ins on low setting or if you have radiators use the oil things you can hang on them obv only winter time though.

(not having a dig just expressing how dangerous a flame can be mixed with chemicals)

X

Naked flame.... Nail room... !!
Please ensure you have correct ventilation and your COsHH isup to date and you fully understand the dangers of the chemicals you use.

Last week it was posted on the nail forum about the poor lady who got engulfed in flames and was badly burnt in a salon up north.

Never risk yourself or your clients.

I use plug ins on low setting or if you have radiators use the oil things you can hang on them obv only winter time though.

(not having a dig just expressing how dangerous a flame can be mixed with chemicals)

X

If you read all the above comments we have all already said about using common sense with candles and ensuring they are not placed near to chemicals and with adequate ventilation :wink2:

If you read all the above comments we have all already said about using common sense with candles and ensuring they are not placed near to chemicals and with adequate ventilation :wink2:

I know it is commented on but sometimes it takes a bad situation for people to actually realise how dangerous these chemicals can be if not used correctly etc and I'm sure after the post about the incident many geeks will understand more about it, so i am nearly just bringing it to light in case the op had not seen or heard about it :)

Candles, really! here is a link to what happened to a woman last week. http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/187220-salon-blaze-burns-birthday-woman.html. How about trying a plug-in air freshener. X :)

I know it is commented on but sometimes it takes a bad situation for people to actually realise how dangerous these chemicals can be if not used correctly etc and I'm sure after the post about the incident many geeks will understand more about it, so i am nearly just bringing it to light in case the op had not seen or heard about it :)

Like I said, it has already been mentioned earlier in the thread :wink2: :D :lol:

I believe someone did leave a post about this incident in this thread........
As was said before, candles should only be used in a room well ventilated, not within close proximity of monomer and never left unattended. Common sense :) x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

so i am nearly just bringing it to light in case the op had not seen or heard about it :)

That's very sweet of you, thank you. But there are many ways to bring a nice smell to a room and I hadn't mentioned I wanted candles. So no need to worry. ;)

I hope that poor woman is recovering ok.

Common sense keeps being mentioned.

Very unfortunately I have experienced a house fire and seen how the fire and insurance investigators work (and what they look for before they agree that you were not negligent and pay out). Your insurance company may not agree that you have used common sense if you have a fire and they find a burnt candle in the ashes of your salon.

Just saying.

Why not try a sleep spray if you have curtains/carpets or rugs/soft furnishings...I love the smell of Avon's Sleeptherapy pillowmist..its really relaxing and not overpowering. I wouldn't use candles or anything with a flame around flammable chemicals.

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

Nicole why don't you give Dermalogica a call & see if they can tell you the essential oils used in the certain product you like. You could then use a burner to re create the scent. Good luck, let us know how you get on!!
The 5 senses idea us dab!! The hair salon I go to has this down to a t! A cup of tea with a tiny cake is fab! Even if your on a diet they are only bite size, I love little touches like that!
x

These reed diffusers are really good and last quite some time and there is no issue with candles and naked flames etc...

Acassa - Reed Diffusers

Nicole why don't you give Dermalogica a call & see if they can tell you the essential oils used in the certain product you like. You could then use a burner to re create the scent. Good luck, let us know how you get on!!
The 5 senses idea us dab!! The hair salon I go to has this down to a t! A cup of tea with a tiny cake is fab! Even if your on a diet they are only bite size, I love little touches like that!
x

I was going to email them when I started my thread, but thought I would throw it open to Geek world to see what everyone else did and to see if any Dermalogica Geeks saw it and could advise first.

I'll drop them a line as a last ditch attempt, then I shall move on gracefully! Popped into Liz Earle yesterday, as I smell elements of it in my Shampoo. But, no joy.

I do like those reeds, but have never smelt them. Maybe I'll have a closer look in Waitrose later (The John Lewis ones).

Latest posts

Back