Positive thoughts needed please!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I really really need all your positive thoughts right now. I have found the perfect little salon that is up to let not far from where i rent my room now.

I would just be able to walk in and take over - the current owner is willing to sell me all her stuff.

The only thing is that 2 other people have put in application forms for it and it's up to the landlord to decide who gets it. Apparently these other 2 people haven't even looked round the place. I was there for the 2nd time yesterday and the owner said that she could phone the landlord and put a good word in for me.

I so want this place. So so much and I just feel so helpless. have any of you other geeks been in the same situation?
Thanks luvvies

Hi guys,
I really really need all your positive thoughts right now. I have found the perfect little salon that is up to let not far from where i rent my room now.

I would just be able to walk in and take over - the current owner is willing to sell me all her stuff.

The only thing is that 2 other people have put in application forms for it and it's up to the landlord to decide who gets it. Apparently these other 2 people haven't even looked round the place. I was there for the 2nd time yesterday and the owner said that she could phone the landlord and put a good word in for me.

I so want this place. So so much and I just feel so helpless. have any of you other geeks been in the same situation?
Thanks luvvies

am being and thinking positive thoughts for you. But, you need to think them continuously.... if it's meant to be... it will be!:hug:

I agree, what will be, will be. If you want it hard enough you will get it (I think you will !!). Good luck, let us know xxx

Hi
i sort of know how you feel:hug:

i still havnt got the foot in door at my salon, and its taken nearly 8months to sort the lease out and its still not final yet, as the current owner has defulted on her payments to the landlord, they couldnt just kick her out because of terms of contract...i just feel like i am stuck in limbo...only just put in for planing on monday!...the shop is currently a travel agent so i have to change the shop Type...and still dont know if my planing is going to get accepted:cry:

i feel really deflated, and all this waiteing is driving me crazy, if and when i get the keys the whole place needs doing, basement which is currently an office needs tanking, and made into 3 large treatment rooms and a waiteing room. then i have a section that needs to be changed in to a wet room..with steam shower suna etc(still waiteing for planing)

then up stairs the shop floor need loads of work, and a new shop front etc

if i do finally get it i dont think i will be tradeing till next year:rolleyes:

sorry its turned it to a rant lol

just stick it out and i am sure things will go your way...its nice of her to put in a good word for you! is there not away you can get the landlords e-mail? i have found i get better response now we are incontact with the landlord direct, and not going through the agent.

have they given you any idea as to when the landord will make his decision?

the waiteing game is a killer when you want something so bad!

well i am here if you want to rant lol

:hug:

Hi Tasha

Can you get into contact with the Landlord? If you can is there anything else you could offer him to tip the scales in your favour? You could show that you're a going concern, have an established clientele. Are trustworthy. Have never defaulted on any payment. etc etc

Also, you must get the existing client listing from the previous occupant. This will be like gold for you to move your business forward.

Hope it all works out for you! :hug:

Hey guys,
Well, hte application form is in. Nothing I can do now but wait!!! Fingers crossed!!
xxx

Hi guys,

Thanks luvvies
If it was me I would try and meet the landlord myself. Professional dress and smile a must and sell yourself and your enthusiasm to him. What landlord could resist!!

i say go for it!!! and best of luck!!!

this is a good step for you to !!! xxx

This whole waiting thing is NOT easy!!!!
xxx

I would follow the advise in meeting the Landlord and basically sell yourself to him.

If you cannot find his/her address do a Land Registry search on the property details that you want to rent and go for it.

Get in touch with the Landlord! You've got nothing to lose, and if you can show him how keen you are to take over the lease and make a going concern of the business, then so much the better. Ask the owner for his email/phone number, or preferably try to arrange a personal appointment. If you really want this salon, go all out to get it! I really wish you luck! xx

Well, guys, I didn't get it. The landlord made his decision between 3 application forms yesterday and I lost out.
I'm gutted, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for all your kind words and support.
xxx

what a shame. you never know, somewhere better may be waiting for you, OR the other person may drop out.

Well, guys, I didn't get it. The landlord made his decision between 3 application forms yesterday and I lost out.
I'm gutted, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for all your kind words and support.
xxx

Never mind hun, Just like Hippychick said, there's probably something better waiting for you :hug:

Just think that it's the landlords loss, not yours. xx

Latest posts

Back