Possible allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol. I know, notice that I haven't stopped buying despite the reaction!
That's a good start to your collection. I did exactly the same when I started

It's so much fun buying everything, nail mail is one of my favorite deliveries. Not sure how I'd have afforded it if I'd gone into it straight from school though

I'm back!

She was very helpful. Thinks I may have chemically induced asthma. My mum and both my girls had asthma and still have other allergies. I have had a few puffs of my cat's inhaler (don't ask!! Lol) last week and it did help the coughing.

I've to go for chest X Ray's, asthma tests at the nurse both before and after working and continue with steroid nasal spray, antihistamines and I've to try a reflux medicine. I'm sure I don't have reflux but she wasn't convinced and said it had to be ruled out.
Bad news is I don't like taking medication but if it helps and stops the cough getting worse etc then I'll go with it.

.....your cats inhaler!!! Now that is absolutely priceless!!! X

.....your cats inhaler!!! Now that is absolutely priceless!!! X
He's asthmatic and uses an inhaler every day lol. I think my other cat is too now and I've to take her along to the vet next time we go. I doubt she'll jump up for the inhaler like my other one does though. She'll freak out.

lol. I know, notice that I haven't stopped buying despite the reaction!
That's a good start to your collection. I did exactly the same when I started

I never wear gloves I find them so uncomfortable and I get hot

I never wear gloves I find them so uncomfortable and I get hot
I'm trying to wear them but find it really difficult. It felt very awkward.

Did u take them off? I can't last more than 5 minutes with them.

Can u believe another legend has passed away! It's so sad

Can you make a video of your cat using his inhaler please??[emoji7]

Lol only joking - I'm just trying to visualise it ....

My cat has an asthma inhaler. It's called an Aerocat and it's very similar to the ones used by young children. I've only given it to him when he's had a bad attack, and he's so poorly he just lies there while I hold it to his face.

Thankfully, I realised that it's the cereals they use to bulk out pet foods that was causing the problems and he's not had a serious attack since I changed his diet to grain free food. :)

Lol, he doesn't mind it at all. He'd do anything for a treat afterwards [emoji76][emoji81]

Maybe these cats are allergic to themselves!! [emoji38]

I don't think I've ever seen or heard a weezy cat before how cute lol

Lol, he doesn't mind it at all. He'd do anything for a treat afterwards [emoji76][emoji81]

Your cat sounds like Garfield
And I'm sat here waiting for the timer to go so I can hit send

My cat has an asthma inhaler. It's called an Aerocat and it's very similar to the ones used by young children. I've only given it to him when he's had a bad attack, and he's so poorly he just lies there while I hold it to his face.

Thankfully, I realised that it's the cereals they use to bulk out pet foods that was causing the problems and he's not had a serious attack since I changed his diet to grain free food. :)

Omg poor kitty! Lying there having his inhaler - he must be very poorly by that stage. I'm asthmatic so I do understand - it was more the logistics of it I was wondering about! Bless.

Damn cereals are a nuisance. My dogs gone grain free too, had permanent flaky skin and constant ear infections while on grains

It's not possible to be allergic to acetone because this is produced in the human body. Nor is it possible to become allergic to "acrylates". There are many forms of acrylates and unless the person is a total muppet who overexposed on all types, it's more likely that a person is allergic to one type of acrylate.

The first step in every case is to visit a dermatologist and ask for a patch test. This will determine exactly which chemicals you are sensitive too. They will need the Safety Data Sheets of the products you use to prepare the test. Once you know which chemicals cause problems, you can look for products that don't contain these.

However, the only reason to develop an allergy is due to over exposure of one of more chemicals. This means you didn't take the necessary steps to protect your skin or lungs. Probably you noticed some sensitivity along the way and ignored it. Over exposure means you over exposure yourself more than normal.

Nitrile gloves and a good ventilation system that removes visible, invisible dust and chemical vapours (not fumes!) are essential if you want a long career in the nail industry. Once you have an allergy it's not only irreversible but makes you more sensitive to developing other allergies.

Changing to different products is not the answer if you continue to not protect yourself.

Most of the products we use contain irritants - you can find the symbol on the bottles and Safety Data Sheets.

I'm back!

She was very helpful. Thinks I may have chemically induced asthma. My mum and both my girls had asthma and still have other allergies. I have had a few puffs of my cat's inhaler (don't ask!! Lol) last week and it did help the coughing.

I've to go for chest X Ray's, asthma tests at the nurse both before and after working and continue with steroid nasal spray, antihistamines and I've to try a reflux medicine. I'm sure I don't have reflux but she wasn't convinced and said it had to be ruled out.
Bad news is I don't like taking medication but if it helps and stops the cough getting worse etc then I'll go with it.
I'm back!

I've just come across this thread - as i went to my GP last week and got diagnosed with chemical asthma. I think LVL lashes (lash perm solution) brought it on and spray tanning last summer. But I seem to be coughing with loads of things now and my eyelids and nostrils go sore and red. I'm going bk to the GP in a month to see if my inhalers are making progress. I'm just wondering how you r now? Its really worrying and I'm just hoping there is a way around this. I love my job and my business is so busy but come a Sunday when I get a day off, I feel so poorly, I'm struggling to see how I'm going to stay doing this job forever :(
Even nail varnish remember when I'm scrubbing clients nails before applying shellac is itching my throat and making me cough! It's just getting more sensitive over time xxx

I have chemically induced asthma. Trained in lashes last jan, had a terrible cough for 4 months and cold symptoms. Realised it got worse every time I did a set of lashes. I managed to sort a mask and get that under control once the cough finally went! Have inhalers to help. But recently I bought the new dip and buff system and had a terrible chest and wheezyness and sneezing after using it a few times. Has the same ingredient in the resin base coat as the Lash glue [emoji30] so now trying to get around this one.

I've just come across this thread - as i went to my GP last week and got diagnosed with chemical asthma. I think LVL lashes (lash perm solution) brought it on and spray tanning last summer. But I seem to be coughing with loads of things now and my eyelids and nostrils go sore and red. I'm going bk to the GP in a month to see if my inhalers are making progress. I'm just wondering how you r now? Its really worrying and I'm just hoping there is a way around this. I love my job and my business is so busy but come a Sunday when I get a day off, I feel so poorly, I'm struggling to see how I'm going to stay doing this job forever :(
Even nail varnish remember when I'm scrubbing clients nails before applying shellac is itching my throat and making me cough! It's just getting more sensitive over time xxx
My initial test result while I'd been working was high so gp said it wasn't asthma.
The reflux medication helps and reduced the coughing although I still get it every day.
I bought an extractor fan and use liquid gloves which have helped.
I find gel polish is the worst for me and thankfully I don't use it that often now.
I'm much better than I was.
I hope you manage to find a solution as I can understand your concern. I was very stressed too.

Latest posts

Back