Possible waxing reaction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hi

My therapist waxes my mum's leg regualrly. We have used the same wax for about 1 year (perron rigot, we alternate between monoi and green tea.) My mum has had her legs waxed with both, no probs.

The time before last my mum had her legs waxed and on her left calf a patch about the size of a fist came up about 1-2 hours afterwards with medium sized red lumps, about the size of the rubber on the end of a pencil. About 4 hours later they turned yellow. EEEEEK! Anyway I told her to bathe them, leave them alone and put barrier repair on them.

After about 4-5 days they completly went. The same thing has happened again this time. Exactly the same place. My mum describes it as feeling tight and sore.

I am assuming its not an allergic reaction as its only that patch? I am a little baffelled. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

B xxx

It sounds a mystery to me.Is it an area where she has had anything before ie ulcers,phlebitis,varicose veins,excema,psoriasis ...anything:confused:

Hi there,
I would suggest that your mum goes to the doctors and gets it checked out. If it is a reaction to waxing it may get worse etc. They should be able to look at it or take swabs of the area to find out exactly what is going on. If it is some sort of irritation, surely it will keep getting worse as time goes on and could cause scarring if it continues to happen.
I would also go back to the therapist as she may be able to use a different wax. It may just be something in that particular wax, the therapist may have changed waxes recently or the manufacturer changed their formulars.
Let us know how it all goes.
:hug:

Hi there,
I would suggest that your mum goes to the doctors and gets it checked out. If it is a reaction to waxing it may get worse etc. They should be able to look at it or take swabs of the area to find out exactly what is going on. If it is some sort of irritation, surely it will keep getting worse as time goes on and could cause scarring if it continues to happen.
I would also go back to the therapist as she may be able to use a different wax. It may just be something in that particular wax, the therapist may have changed waxes recently or the manufacturer changed their formulars.
Let us know how it all goes.
:hug:

Its my salon, we havent changed waxes!

I'll try and get her to go to the docs but I doubt she will.

I dont think she's had anything like you said there Gillian but will defo ask her!

B xxx

How odd! I would switch to Cristal Ocean as it's hypo-alergenic and VERY economical.

We can all suggest different reasons why this happened......dry skin, going over the same are too many times, wax too hot, etc etc, but it's just 'one of those things' by the sounds of it. xx

Thank you for your replies, I was going to try the area with non-strip wax does that sound ridiculous? I will get some ocean wax, have used it before, I just love the glitter in the monoi and green tea!

Kim, would you recommend the ocean more then?

B xxx

Latest posts

Back