Posting your own flyers!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenAesthetics

Reaction score
Hello. We are in process of trying to get flyers distributed by a company... But had quite a few of old ones left. Went out to pound the local streets and only 20 or so doors in someone ran out with the leaflet and gave a load of abuse about not wanting it!?!

Has anyone else come across this? Our flyers were proffessionally printed and not in the least bit offensive....or so I thought?!

Some people are just touchy. There's no law against popping leaflets thru doors unless they put a sign on their letterbox like one people do! I hope you made this suggestion lol!!

If they have a sign saying no adverts etc etc then avoid... I used to do Avon and plenty of people would give me abuse, ironically some for not giving them a book as they had those in their window but "they didn't mean the Avon book!" (Like I would know that!!!)
Shrug it off and make a note of the house details and avoid in future...

Thanks guys as far as could see there was no such sign... Wouldn't go near if there was but even if I did I would assume that is disrespectful as oppose to illegal. It's not hard to put a leaflet in the bin is it. I could understand if we were knocking on doors canvassing!!

I used to do Avon and have had the book flung at me, ripped up in front of me, stamped on . . . . so it has made me wary when delivering my leaflets.

I avoid anywhere with unwelcoming messages. One house quite near me has a sign which threatens they will come out and rip your head off it you try to sell at the door. I take their word for it.

But try not to worry too much, most people are either really nice or couldn't care less if you post a leaflet or not, much bigger fish to fry! (It seems to be people that don't have much in their lives that get steamed up about things like that lol)

Have to say I'm a bit disheartened, my phone call ratio with leaflet dropping is 1 in 1800 leaflets. :irked: Still I needed the exercise.:rolleyes:

1 in 1800??? :-( :-( some people are so rude

Think you need to pick some different streets with such a low ratio hun!

I've never had this but sometimes I avoid houses if they look dirty or mouldy (when you can see a tiny bit in, not that I'm looking but when I go up to the letterbox and just think eww I wouldn't want to go in there lol)

We get everything shoved through our door, tend to just leave it or save it on the window ledge if it might come in handy. Some people are just stroppy lol x

I used to do Avon and have had the book flung at me, ripped up in front of me, stamped on . . . . so it has made me wary when delivering my leaflets.

I avoid anywhere with unwelcoming messages. One house quite near me has a sign which threatens they will come out and rip your head off it you try to sell at the door. I take their word for it.

But try not to worry too much, most people are either really nice or couldn't care less if you post a leaflet or not, much bigger fish to fry! (It seems to be people that don't have much in their lives that get steamed up about things like that lol)

Have to say I'm a bit disheartened, my phone call ratio with leaflet dropping is 1 in 1800 leaflets. :irked: Still I needed the exercise.:rolleyes:
So it's not worth to do leaflets then?

So it's not worth to do leaflets then?

I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for leaflets. I made my first 50 or so clients that way, although it took time. Now its all recommendation and web searching or yellow pages. You've got to start somewhere.

I have been delivering leaflets for my home salon for 3 years and never had any problems. I get a lot of business from them.

Good, I was starting to wonder if I should do leaflets. I want to go mobile soon so good to know that it is a geat tool.

Yes so long as its not all for nothing ! He was the only prob we had so hopefully a one off!!

I have been putting off delivering my leaflets incase someone shouts abuse at me for putting a leaflet through there door but i suppose its the only way i can drum up some business tried pretty much everything else!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I had business cards printed once to put through peoples doors, as I thought this might be easier to keep than a leaflet.

After I had put a card through her door one lady set her two dogs on me and I had to leg it up the drive and get out of the gate sharpish. It was a well to do area as well. Totally unnecessary. I was quite shaken up at the time.

My mother also had an experience where she was delivering playgroup leaflets and was being very good pushing them right through the letter box only to have her finger bitten by a silent dog on the other side. She was ok but needed an op in hospital. Something to bare in mind if your leaflet dropping!

Blummin heck!
Silent dog assassins and crazy men chasing you throwing Avon books? What on earth have I let myself in for? I've even asked 3 of my friends, two of which are pregnant, to help for free treatments! Guilt trip. *eyes box of leaflets nervously*

Oh you'll get all sorts - personally I wouldn't do it if heavily pregnant but if there are 2 of you then you're definitely safer :)

I really need to do this myself too but dreading it *sigh* I need to though - need to get some footfall! :)

Flyers appear to be working! Phew!

Oh you'll get all sorts - personally I wouldn't do it if heavily pregnant but if there are 2 of you then you're definitely safer :)

I really need to do this myself too but dreading it *sigh* I need to though - need to get some footfall! :)

Oh, ok. They are 4 months pregnant so hopefully they'll be OK, but I'll let then know as I don't want then over doing it, or getting shouted at by nasty men!

Good luck with your leaflet drop. X

Oh, ok. They are 4 months pregnant so hopefully they'll be OK, but I'll let then know as I don't want then over doing it, or getting shouted at by nasty men!

Good luck with your leaflet drop. X

I think the nasty men would end up more scared. Never p off a pregnant woman haha! x

This has made some interesting and worrying reading as I plan to do a leaflet drop on Sunday. Just see too many of them ending up in the bin when companies do it, so my partner will have to do :)

Latest posts

Back