Potential new clients how to explain. Is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailskc7

Reaction score
I just received a mail saying this
" was given ur name by ****. i want fake nail french manicure look. and gel nails french manicure. 3 girls to have fake french manicure and 1 to have gel nails. Wanted a deal."

Is it just me but
a. It makes no sense id just explained the difference between gel polish and enhancements

B. Its just a bit rude! "Wanted a deal"

Im swamped at the moment and don't no what to do! From what I gather there's a few sets of nails to do but I sound abit of a snob but I dont want clients like this. What would you ladies do ?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I would mail back and just say "would you give me a call so i can clarify what treatments you want done" or "have you got a number so i can call you to clarify what treatments". If you're not happy discounting and you're busy anyway, just say you don't do discounts. The ball is then in their court as to whether or not they come!

I definately think you're first response should be about discounts. unless you have stated somewhere a special offer on these type of treatments (no idea what a fake french manicure is though?) then I would just explain that these are your prices for the certain treatments, and for them to please ring about the appointments.

I'd ignore it! :lol: the text sounds horrible, not the type of clients I'm trying to attract either.

I'd just go back and say that sorry you aren't currently offering any 'deals' and the cost of a gel french overlay is £xx or £xx if she wants the white tips. Suggest she ring you is she wants to book an appt. x

Sounds confusing - I'd just text back and say sorry I'm not offering any discounts (if you are busy you don't need to be lowering your prices) or offers at the minute and see if she responds to that first before trying to decipher what treatments it is she's after.
To me she sounds like one of those bargain hunter clients that will jump from technician to technician trying to find the best deal. I think the idea of paying full price for her ' fake French manicure' may put her off.
Georgie x

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

I'd do the same, no discounts, but perhaps send her a price list so she can work out what she means x

She's just informed me its for three 12!! Year old girls so ive refused to do them. I don't know about other peoples policys but I don't do under 18, 16 with perental conset x

She's just informed me its for three 12!! Year old girls so ive refused to do them. I don't know about other peoples policys but I don't do under 18, 16 with perental conset x

Yep, as suspected, not the sort of clients you're trying to attract! :eek:

Enhancements that is not overlays x

Omg, what sort of way is that to request an appointment from a professional? Does she make her appointments with the dentist in the same manner?
As for the clients being 12, gosh that's staggering.

Nobody needs clients like this. Well done for refusing the app xxx
'Fake French', good grief B-)

No 12 year old should be wearing enhancements! Polish is perfectly suitable for them. You did the right thing!

Maybe she should have asked one of the 12 year olds to text you, it probably would have made more sense!

I'm so sick of having to reply to people with 'I'm sorry can you clarify what you mean?'

No 12 year old should be wearing enhancements! Polish is perfectly suitable for them. You did the right thing!

I am a bad Mama :(
My 6 year old nags me constantly and I give in! I figure if Ido them I control the process and quality and we have never had issues. I will soak em off and leave her be for a few weeks till she wants them again and with enough nagging I do it :(

A lucky escape :) x

Latest posts

Back