Potted gel and brushes with lids - brand advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milli48

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm just starting out in the nail industry and wondered if anyone could give me some advice on the best brands they've tried for potted gel and good quality brushes that come with lids? I have got brushes without lids and am having trouble finding good ways to store them.
Thanks!

Potted gels? Do you mean hard gel as opposed to gel polish in bottles?

Potted gels? Do you mean hard gel as opposed to gel polish in bottles?
Hi and thanks for your reply. I meant soak-off potted colour gels. Since posting my question, I have done a bit more digging online and it seems it's difficult to get it here in the UK (apart from Akzentz). There are several sites in the US that offer it, but they don't have distributers here. Having tried using Builder Base with a different brush, I'm finding I prefer this method - it seems faster because I have more control of what is on my brush, and the brush head shape can be more suited to the nail bed shape. I guess it's just not that common here in the UK?

Hi and thanks for your reply. I meant soak-off potted colour gels. Since posting my question, I have done a bit more digging online and it seems it's difficult to get it here in the UK (apart from Akzentz). There are several sites in the US that offer it, but they don't have distributers here. Having tried using Builder Base with a different brush, I'm finding I prefer this method - it seems faster because I have more control of what is on my brush, and the brush head shape can be more suited to the nail bed shape. I guess it's just not that common here in the UK?

Both Bio Sculpture and Calgel are “potted” soak off gel systems, but their products cannot be purchased without undergoing training.

Have you looked at Crystal Nails. I think they have soak off gel colours in pots.

I’ve tried a few brands and light elegance and Kokoist are my favorite brands for capped brushes. For potted gels, I like estemio and irogel. Irogel is a Japanese brand.

You could always use a gel brush to apply a gel polish instead of the one it comes with in the lid.

I’ve tried a few brands and light elegance and Kokoist are my favorite brands for capped brushes. For potted gels, I like estemio and irogel. Irogel is a Japanese brand.
Thanks, where are you buying from? I'm hesitant to order anything from overseas because of expensive shipping and taxes/duty. Have you ever tried Lecente brushes (for nail art?) Ellisons stock and I'm tempted... I found some gel brushes with caps on the Essential Nails site, they are called EN Pro. I currently have the Akzentz oval gel brush in my basket with Hazel Dixon's online store. They also stock Akzentz gels, the options range is looking like the one I may buy into. More thinking to do before I commit!

You could always use a gel brush to apply a gel polish instead of the one it comes with in the lid.
Yes, absolutely will be trying that. I have a tiny little ceramic dish that will be perfect x
I am so glad I discovered this site, it's comforting to know there are other techs out there that are happy to share their knowledge and experience. Thanks all for your replies.

Thanks, where are you buying from? I'm hesitant to order anything from overseas because of expensive shipping and taxes/duty. Have you ever tried Lecente brushes (for nail art?) Ellisons stock and I'm tempted... I found some gel brushes with caps on the Essential Nails site, they are called EN Pro. I currently have the Akzentz oval gel brush in my basket with Hazel Dixon's online store. They also stock Akzentz gels, the options range is looking like the one I may buy into. More thinking to do before I commit!
I usually buy from nailhub. They also sell Akzentz line products which I also love.

I love the Nail Hub! Liz is fab I have just put an order in with a UK Akzentz supplier so very excited! Do you have to pay import taxes and expensive shipping when you purchase from TNH? I have no clue how much extra it will cost to get things shipped to me in the UK :)

If you are importing from the states to the Uk then be prepared to pay HUGE import duties as this has just recently been increased . Expect to pay about another 50% on top of the invoice value including shipping in taxes . So if your invoice was £300 you would prob get a bill for around £150-170 from customs to pay before they release your parcel :)

Latest posts

Back