PPD-free alternatives?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theperfectten

Reaction score
Hi I'm just over from the Nail Geek... I'd just like a little advice... after having dyed my hair for years, I had an allergic reaction to PPD and it was truly awful :( just wondering if there are any alternatives that are very dark? Have only been able to locate light brown and lighter, I'm getting married next July and I'd hate to have to cope with the multi-colour hair I currently have!

I dont know if there are any dark colours without ppd .. you will be taking a massive risk

Tigi Copyright is PPD and PTD free so you need to find a tigi colour salon x

Tigi website states ppd free but doesnt say anything about being ptd free unless im looking in the wrong place.

Any type of oxidising colour will Need ppd or ptd in them for the colour to work.
The only colours without these in would be stains,which then use a dc dye,which means you dont have to mix to activate and these are normally wash in wash out sachets or crazy colours that act like a true semi.
x

When you find one let me know! In allergic to ppd too! X

Tigi website states ppd free but doesnt say anything about being ptd free unless im looking in the wrong place.

Any type of oxidising colour will Need ppd or ptd in them for the colour to work.
The only colours without these in would be stains,which then use a dc dye,which means you dont have to mix to activate and these are normally wash in wash out sachets or crazy colours that act like a true semi.
x

I'll double check with my rep but I'm certain their free of both x

Meantime this is moved to Consumer !
You don't just pop over to Hair you skin and nail geeks to ask, as it says at the top of the Hair forum :

Notices
If you are looking for advice and you are not a hair professional, then please post your query in the Consumer Queries forum.

Meantime this is moved to Consumer !
You don't just pop over to Hair you skin and nail geeks to ask, as it says at the top of the Hair forum :

Notices
If you are looking for advice and you are not a hair professional, then please post your query in the Consumer Queries forum.

I am a hair professional, I'm qualified to NVQ Level 3. I just stuck with the nail side

I am a hair professional, I'm qualified to NVQ Level 3. I just stuck with the nail side

We in the Mod team are good ...but not psychic ;) lol

If you are a hair pro put in in your profile so that it will be seen on posts.

Profile information should be kept up to date, as it saves any confusion. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back