Practice finger!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marian

Reaction score
I got one of those practice finger thingymebobs, you know the ugly looking single finger things and Im not sure if I can glue tips to it and then soak them off?

Can I apply gel to it and how do you get it off? Sorry for asking a stupid question but I dont want to destroy it just get some practice with it! lol

Last edited:
I've got one of those too and was also confused as how to use it, so not a stupid question at all! lol

If i understand it correctly (from my tutor) you slide a tip into the groove to represent the nail bed (trim it down and shape it to make it look similar) then you apply a tip as normal and apply your overlay etc. The finished 'nail' should slide out easily for you to start over again. If i've got this completely wrong then anyone else please correct me!!! xx

There are 2 types

one with the little groove that you can slide the tip under as mentioned. You can then pratice product application, polishing.. etc

the other one has a bit of free edge. I guess you could stick a tip on it, blend it in, then practice product application, shaping & polishing, but I think you will ruin it if you soak the tip off

Gina x

If it is the second type that Gina mentioned, why not OIL the nail bed Portion before you appy product so that the finished nail just pops off?

Yes it is the second type, you cant slide tips onto it! The oil idea is brilliant, thank you so much for all your advice:hug:.

Can these practice fingers be used for sculpting practice too, or does there need to be a tip there?

Yes I have seen pics of sculpted nails on these fingers. I gave mine a go with a tip last night and it was fun to use until I can afford a nail trainer!

Latest posts

Back