Practice hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beverleyt

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i've just started a nail technician course, can anyone recommend a practice hand that I can practice on? I've seen some on eBay but the nails go under the 'skin' on them and I can't see how I would practice acrylics when the point of applying acrylics is putting them on the tips?

you need the nail trainer, essential nails do them check it out, then ask on here if anyone has one for sale, I have 2 and couldn't do without them, I use them now for designing new nail art, they are the best thing to have

Rubber glove filled with rice or flour,tied round top then tips glued on! This is what we had to take to Bio Sculpture training course and works well. When you've played around with first lot of tips you can cut them down and then apply more tips on the other side! Lot cheaper than a nail trainer!!

Jo xx

I had the essential nails nail trainer and it was fab as it moves like a real hand. You can find these on eBay from time to time and a lot if people throw in a few bits to practice with too ;) or if you have the cash buy it new from them. They are great!

Hi girls, i got a nail trainer from ebay for £50 the other day and the was a few for sale, i just can't wait for it to come to get practising some nail art and tidy up my acrylic work :biggrin:

I use Essential Nails' trainer hand, and it's very realistic as far as hands go. Don't waste your time with the silicone hands, there's no realism in them and you spend half the time maneuvering the hand around because it doesn't bend. I'm sure there's cheaper copies, but Essential Nails' trainer hand is my personal choice.

Thank you, I've bid on one on EBay!
X

Rubber glove filled with rice or flour,tied round top then tips glued on! This is what we had to take to Bio Sculpture training course and works well. When you've played around with first lot of tips you can cut them down and then apply more tips on the other side! Lot cheaper than a nail trainer!!

Jo xx

loving this idea and it made me chuckle imagine if it broke lol !!

i love my nail trainer her name is Handrea i've had her about 4 years she's fab and never moans !!

Do I need to use the specific nails that come with it? I've bid on one but it doesn't come with any nails, is it no good without them?? X

Do I need to use the specific nails that come with it? I've bid on one but it doesn't come with any nails, is it no good without them?? X

No you need some orange nails but you can get them too on eBay or from S2 or essential nails I think xx

Jo xx

I did this and posted pics, if you check my posts ;)

how did they work out only me, were they easy to practice on?

how did they work out only me, were they easy to practice on?

Definitely helped for getting right mix for liquid and powder.. And practising smile lines yes..
Very cheap way ! Good luck x

Think I will give them a try, have no one to practice on and not confident enough to practice on people I don't know, maybe this will help :)

Latest posts

Back