Practising sculpting on a form

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laineymac

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can practise sculpting on a form when I don't have a live model? I've got a nail trainer but the forms don't stick to it. Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can practise sculpting on a form when I don't have a live model? I've got a nail trainer but the forms don't stick to it. Thanks.

Use the Blu tac finger trick.

Make a finger out of blu tac. Attach a nail tip to act as the nail plate by pushing it in and on to the 'finger'. Trim nail tip short and apply a form and sculpt away. So easy to use with gel .. easy to put into the light and costs nada.

I use these allot of the time with students to save time tipping the nail trainer. They all love them for home practise too.

Thanks for that. I'm off to try that right now :)

i use my own nails ;) but if u practice only don't prepare your nail plate and use cuticle oil insted of dehydrator and primer

i use my own nails ;) but if u practice only don't prepare your nail plate and use cuticle oil insted of dehydrator and primer
Will the product come off easily without a trace afterwards?

If you use lots of oil, your sculptured nail will comes off by itself in a day or two. but you also could remove it as a normal acrylic nail using an aceton. just strikethrough the nail wipe with aceton, place on the nail plate and wrap with a kitchen foil for 10 minutes. after that it will be very easy to remove ;)
my nails are just fine afterwards

Hi there,

You've got some great advice so far, but I wanted to add you can use the blu tak trick on your trainer too.

Pop in the orangey nail thing they come with and use blue tack to cover it. I usually do it to cover the entire nailbed and then pop on a clear tip (full well is good) and then you can put on the form and sculpt away. The beauty of this is that when you are done you can save your sculpt and keep track of what issues you have and how you are improving.

You can also use the blu tak on a popsicle stick (the wooden ones) to the same effect.

Have Fun!

N. :)

I use dolly pegs :)

When I've used my nail trainer and forms - I use a bit of selotape to hold the form on. Where you would stick the the two sides together on the form - put tape to keep it in place. hth x

(I obviously don't do that on real clients. LOL)

Latest posts

Back