Pre bonded hair extensions - to twist or not to twist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_mai

Reaction score
Hello!

When i got taught my pre bonded course i got told to not twist the clients hair when attaching a bond, i think this was due to breakage?
Anyway iv had someone fit mine at the weekend and she tightly twisted every small section before putting it in the guide and attaching the pre bonded hair extension. So now im confused as to whether this is ok or not??
any oppinions on this would be grand x

Hi, I was taught to twist. Not 100% sure why, sorry, but it makes slipping on the protector easier, for example. Think it also keeps all the hair neat and uniform for rolling in the bond. Just my tuppenceworth, interested to hear what others do X

I twist too. I mean just like a half turn to keep section together till adhesive stats to melt... I think the problem would be if you twisted and twisted and it became very tight at root then applied

Thanks Ladys! im starting to wonder if i dreamt this one up! :-/ id much prefer to twist if its ok to do so x

Try it. As I say though don't twist the hair too much too near to root and also make sure it's not twisted too far to not be able to work in adhesive. Just a wee half turn

I twist too. I mean just like a half turn to keep section together till adhesive stats to melt... I think the problem would be if you twisted and twisted and it became very tight at root then applied

Yes this is what I do too. To keep the hair section neat and ensure all hair is in the bond and together.

Same here half a twist

I also do a little half twist, no more though, it keep everything a little neater i feel and you can get a good "wrap" around of the bond to the natural hair x

I was taught to twist as well.. alot of "trainers" teach not twist because they don't want to be held liable if the clients hair breaks.... as long as you aren't to close to the end and the twist isn't super tight you should be in good shape =)

Latest posts

Back