Pre Bonding Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clazaridis

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm thinking about pre tipping my own bohyme, I have tried before but ended up with a client who complained about shedding (i pre tipped nail tips) she asked me to go back but on the morning i was due to go she messaged me and said not to bother, I haven't heard anything since which i thought was strange........this put me off it....

My question is, where is the best place to get good quality keratin beads or sticks to do the pre tipping with?? I'm thinking about doing shrinkies and need to know a good supplier of the keratin so i don't end up with shedding problems like on the nail tips i tried!

Thanks

i have had that prob before and for me it was coz i was just being lazy doing it as fast a si could!!:smack: lol
i did it agian and really packed the keratin on and when i fitted it i rolled it and really pressed it together,
don't be put off we all make mistakes, thats how we learn!!! xxx

If I am using loose hair I do this technique:

I first section the piece of hair I am going to bond to.
I use the Balmain Plug and Play connector and melt a Balmin re bond in it.
I then lay my piece of loose hair underneath the sectioned piece.
I place my connector, with the melted bond in, underneath my section and 'sink' my section and loose hair into the bond. I keep everything taut and at a 45 degree angle.
I let the bond bubble right through both lots of hair, take the connector away and roll the bond.
I seal the ends of the bond with the edge of my connector.

I never getting any shedding or slippage putting the hair in like this. :)

Hope this is useful.

Posted via Mobile Device
No sorry I did it on my mobile.

Have you tried using any other adhesive besides the keratin or is that the one you prefer?
I tried a hot pot first but could never get the adhesive to melt hot enough, I ended up going to the adhesive gun, but now use a slow flow nozzle as the adhesive comes out very slow and with the hair fanned out underneath the slow flow nozzle it spreads through the tip very easily. I hope you manage to get it sorted out.

Last edited:
Lancashirelass, did you mean to post a blank response?? :) Thanks everyone else, I will have a practise. xx

Hi
I am having EXACTLY the same problem and mine is with Bohyme Celeb Elite hair too! The hair is so silky that the keratin I use at the moment just doesn't seem to hold it properly. I'm going to try balmain micro bonds to tip them next time as this has been recommended to me.
It's so frustrating!
Let me know if you find any keratin or other bonding substance that works and I'll do the same :)
Sarah

Try washing the top of the hair before bonding, this will remove any coating put on the hair....i'm not sure if i'm putting enough keratin on the hair in the first place, I just don't want to end up with massive bonds that look horrible. The last set i did looked really neat and rolled realy well but this was the client that complained of shedding...she said she was going to go to the hair dressers and get it trimmed to hide the thinness??? never heard anything since and i didn't like to contact her incase it opened a can of worms!! I haven't tried any other bonding agent other than keratin, as this is what i used during my training so wasn't aware of any others. Do the other bonds come out with acetone or do they require a specially formulated bond remover?? Thanks

My hubby did a video of me pretipping but I am not sure how to upload it the laptop if anyone can give me any idea I will upload it for people to see, I use an adhesive gun but it might beable to help people see variations of what people use.

If anyone knows let me know.

My hubby did a video of me pretipping but I am not sure how to upload it the laptop if anyone can give me any idea I will upload it for people to see, I use an adhesive gun but it might beable to help people see variations of what people use.

If anyone knows let me know.

That would be great to see :hug: I am not very good at posting these things either , took me weeks to post some fusion pre bonded photos ,
I did mine from photo bucket :lol::lol: lol

I will do it later when hubby gets home as he knows how to upload things like that I have been trying but somehow its not working for me.

Hi,
I'm thinking about pre tipping my own bohyme, I have tried before but ended up with a client who complained about shedding (i pre tipped nail tips) she asked me to go back but on the morning i was due to go she messaged me and said not to bother, I haven't heard anything since which i thought was strange........this put me off it....

My question is, where is the best place to get good quality keratin beads or sticks to do the pre tipping with?? I'm thinking about doing shrinkies and need to know a good supplier of the keratin so i don't end up with shedding problems like on the nail tips i tried!

Thanks
shedding
You can definatly reserch and educate yourself on retipping with the current glues available.
You will also find that there will always be shedding as the glues available on the market will always break down.
You can possibly find the glues that people use here on this forum that will
decrease the shedding but unfortunately eventualy face breaking down and shedding thus still having to redo the whole process of re tipping all over again.
The whole idea is to reduce shedding and getting the maximum use of life from you extensions.
This will reduce the anyoing calls or comments from customers that they fing hair on the bathroom floor.And for people using micro rings will find that it reduces their hair extensions falling out.
If you find that this shedding issue is too much There are companies that offer professional re tipping with adhesives that last and tips that can lust up to 2 years.
you can even send wigs to get re tipped.
Then you would not have the shedding issue and just concetrate on your work rather than gluing hair.

lusciouslox you use glue that doesn't dissolve or doesn't break down

(a bit like putting a strong flexible industrial silicon based craft glue on a hair extension :eek: you wouldn't want to melt it into the natural hair)

as I understand the glue you use is also not made to melt into the natural hair , your methods are only for cold applications using tiny metal rings

so... what I am trying to say is .. some extensionists and some clients actually prefer the hot melt methods too you know

and my pre bonded extensions do not shed at all, I use the microplus clear bonds from Balmain , and nothing will get out of those babies
they are tough and really strong for what I need , the hot fusion methods are not all bad you know :lol: minky

I have been using hot fusion for years. It works best with hair with it's cuticle intact. Use silicon coated or cuticle stripped hair and it will shed.
Used with cuticle intact it will grip until you take them out.
It is also important with hot fusion to use products (shampoo etc) which are either low protein or protein free. This stops the bonds degrading.
If you are using stripped or coated hair, micro rings are a better choice as they grip whatever the hair.

It is also important with hot fusion to use products (shampoo etc) which are either low protein or protein free.

This is just what i have been looking for but there is so much out there i just dont know where to start,

Could you recommend some homecare to use with hot fusion i currently use protein free products from a certain hair extension co.but i am intereseted in sourcing an alternative to offer my clients and one that is recommeded. Any ideas gratefully recieved

:lol:

This video is quite dark but this is how I do it. You just have to watch it and hope that you grasp how I have done it. I did try to the do the bonds quite big so that you could see what I was doing.

YouTube - Pretipping Hair Extensions

(a bit like putting a strong flexible industrial silicon based craft glue on a hair extension :eek: you wouldn't want to melt it into the natural hair)

as I understand the glue you use is also not made to melt into the natural hair , your methods are only for cold applications using tiny metal rings

so... what I am trying to say is .. some extensionists and some clients actually prefer the hot melt methods too you know

and my pre bonded extensions do not shed at all, I use the microplus clear bonds from Balmain , and nothing will get out of those babies
they are tough and really strong for what I need , the hot fusion methods are not all bad you know :lol: minky

hi minky
your close but not quite right
The glue we use isn't silicon based but near enough. i wish it was craft glue as it would of cost a lot less to r&d.

I remember the good old days of re tipping that hair in front of the TV.
i couldn't go back.
Can any one tell me what are the befits of re tipping hot fusion hair?
:)
And what solution do u have for girls with extremely fine hair?
Maybe in another thread

as I understand the glue you use is also not made to melt into the natural hair , your methods are only for cold applications using tiny metal rings minky

hi minky
your close but not quite right
The glue we use isn't silicon based but near enough. i wish it was craft glue as it would of cost a lot less to r&d.

Hi lusciouslox lol :lol: nooooo I wasn't actually referring to the composition of your own actual hair glue

I was just giving examples of hot glue types that can glue things together permanently but do not dissolve at all
and this type of glue can only be used for making those hair extension tips that cannot be heat melted into the hair ,
if it was melted into the hair it would be disastrous and
far worse that any chewing gum :lol:

Some of these stick glues are available over here now ,

I remember the good old days of re tipping that hair in front of the TV.
i couldn't go back.
Can any one tell me what are the befits of re tipping hot fusion hair?
:)
And what solution do u have for girls with extremely fine hair?
Maybe in another thread

:) minky x

This video is quite dark but this is how I do it. You just have to watch it and hope that you grasp how I have done it. I did try to the do the bonds quite big so that you could see what I was doing.

YouTube - Pretipping Hair Extensions

I love those finger cots they look really strong and they would save fiddling with around with those silicone pads , the stand for the gun is another brilliant idea too , what glue sticks do you use in your glue gun ?
I loved watching the video :hug:
thank you lancashirelass for putting it up for us I really enjoyed it
I like the tatt too

:) x minky

Hi
all my adhesive guns have stands on them and the stand also comes off and turns into an attachment for removing the nozzle and changing it to the small flow slow nozzle.

The large adhesive sticks I use are polyamide ones. The ones in the video are the amber coloured ones but they do come in other colours aswell.

The silicone finger protectors are brilliant, I use these all the time and dont use a rollling pad anymore. I do that much pretipping that I have these in stock, they are the only ones I can use, I have tried the other ones and they are rubbish.

As for my tattoo that is one of many, I just love them. Causes a few stirs from clients when I first meet them as they dont know what to expect and shop assistants when I pay for something they tend to look at my hand and not my face lol

Latest posts

Back