Pregnancy and ingrowing hairs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
Hey all,

I haven't been on here in a very long time so I apolgise if this is in the incorrect place.

I am eight months pregnant and have been trying to wax my legs through out my pregnancy. Each time I wax my legs I find that a few days later I am left with rather large, extreamly painful lumps on my legs. It took me a while but I finally figured out thay had to be ingrwoing hairs. I am bdark skinned and after a while they begin to look like rather nasty, dark mosquito bites.

I am a bit perplexed as I have been waxing for almost ten years and have never had this issue before. I want to waz my legs again before the birth but i am actually scared to as the lumps really are that painful.

Any advice,

Many thanks,

Alex

They can't be ingrown hairs if they come along just days after waxing. Maybe you're breaking the hair?

Get yourself a long handled bath brush and give your legs a good DRY brush for the couple of days prior to waxing, then moisturise. Dry brush them a couple of times a week after waxing too and you should be fine. xxx

Hey Kim,

How would breaking the hairs cause the lumps? Do you mean they would be trapped under the skin? Thsi would not explain why this has only begun since becoming pregnant also.

I dry skin brush daily.

Thanks

Well if you dry brush every day,it isn't that then is it.

I still stand by what I've said......it cannot be an ingrown hair from waxing a couple of days before.

If it only started since you've been pregnant, maybe it's hormone related. Can you post a picture?

No pictures I'm afriad as I haven't waxed since the last "outbreak" Hmm, yes perhaps it is hormonal.

Thanks for your reply.

Latest posts

Back