Pregnancy cravings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, how far gone are you?
I craved cadburys creme eggs - slurp, could get through 6 in one sitting - yikes! also loads and loads of cereal and milk, ice pops (summer baby), nothing weird....
I am so broody again already, Scarlett is only 7 months old! Would love to be pregnant again now......:eek:

Delisnails said:
With my first it was raspberry flavoured anything, I would have travelled anywhere for the craving. Also refreshers

With my second I was diabetic and it was apples, granny smiths and I ate up to 10 a day, if the bowl had less than 5 in it would be sheer panic, not touched one since though, the thought makes me sick

granny smiths for me too, that was with my 2nd one, funny thing is I didn't like them before and I havn't liked them since, but if I smelt them in a shop. I had to have them, and if paul brought me home a bag full, well lets just say I made him very glad he did:o:o

pinkmummy said:
Can understand that one, I never ate them tho, just chewed and sucked icy cold water from them. The texture of a new sponge was great. I thought I must have been the only one with this embassasing secret till now.:biggrin: :o :biggrin: Only affects me when preggers thank goodness.

Thank god there is someone else out there like me!!!!! :Love:

Yeah nothing could beat the lovely texture of a brand new sponge just out the wrapper!! And they had to be cheap ones...I used to buy mine from wilkinsons as they had really cheapo ones...19p!! Tesco ones where too soft, they needed to be slightly firm..nothing could beat just biting into it...bliss...........ok i better stop now before you all think i have gone bonkers!!!

I think my cravings were very tame compared to some but any hoo McFlurry and chips!
As for stretch marks I had a few but applied vit e oil and my mum, how lucky she was, she had triplets (me and my two brothers) and not a single stretch mark...and still in a size 10 today (Ive not got her genes!!!):sad:

lexylove said:
By the way How long - If you don't mind me asking :o- did it take people to start having their monthlys again? Vinnie is 6 months and 2 weeks old and there is no sign of mine appearing. Is coz I had a c section?
http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb066&pp=ZU

Lots of women don't get them back while they breast feed, I breast fed for three months and didn't get them back untill all my milk had dried up which was about another month after that.:biggrin:

with my second it was gallons (and i mean gallons) of milk with strawberry crusher milkshake mix she weighed 9lbs 8ozs at birth.

I breastfed Scarlett for 16 weeks, I got my first period 16 months after my last one, so that was when she was just almost 6 months old. It lasted for 29 loooong days too the evil so and so. Alas, still only period I have had since having her, I am waiting the arrival of number 2 any day now - can't wait!!

wondernail said:
Thank god there is someone else out there like me!!!!! :Love:

Yeah nothing could beat the lovely texture of a brand new sponge just out the wrapper!! And they had to be cheap ones...I used to buy mine from wilkinsons as they had really cheapo ones...19p!! Tesco ones where too soft, they needed to be slightly firm..nothing could beat just biting into it...bliss...........ok i better stop now before you all think i have gone bonkers!!!
LOL! The humiliation doesn't feel so bad now. Know what you mean about cheapies. They've gotta be rough on the roof of the mouth.:o Must stop now, feel like a bit of a perve. LOL!

pinkmummy said:
LOL! The humiliation doesn't feel so bad now. Know what you mean about cheapies. They've gotta be rough on the roof of the mouth.:o Must stop now, feel like a bit of a perve. LOL!

Sponge lady, you are setting my teeth on edge! :D
I don't know how you both chewed sponges bleeerghh!!!!

By the way I heard that the more full fat milk you drink while pregnant the bigger the baby is. Does anyone know if this is true?

Another thing ( you can tell this is my first can't you and I am only 4 mts!) I really don't know if I should breast feed or bottle....can we also add these to the Craving/stretch mark thread please?

So now it's:
1. Craving?
2. Stetch mark preventative?
3. Lots of milk = big baby?
4. Breast or bottle?

phew! :biggrin:

with my first one it used to be toffee sundae from mcdonalds when they did them
my second one was prawn cocktails i know your not suppose to have seafood but it was what i WANTED

Pickle said:

By the way I heard that the more full fat milk you drink while pregnant the bigger the baby is. Does anyone know if this is true?

Another thing ( you can tell this is my first can't you and I am only 4 mts!) I really don't know if I should breast feed or bottle....can we also add these to the Craving/stretch mark thread please?

So now it's:
1. Craving?
4. Breast or bottle?

Not sure that if you drink loads of milk the baby will be bigger...but i know if you eat loads of sponges the baby will be bigger!! My son was 10lb 5 !!

See now rush out and chew on a sponge or two!!

Pickle said:

So now it's:
1. Craving?
4. Breast or bottle?

Hey Pickle..
I would like to know the answers too.. (im not where u are yet.. still trying)

Maybe you could edit your first message and title? this would help so it doesnt get lost in page 4 and whoever new comes can see it in your first message.

OPIGeek said:
Hey Pickle..
I would like to know the answers too.. (im not where u are yet.. still trying)

Maybe you could edit your first message and title? this would help so it doesnt get lost in page 4 and whoever knew comes can see it in your first message.

Good idea P.

Keep trying...that's the fun part!
Good luck
xxxxx

Pickle said:
Good idea P.

Keep trying...that's the fun part!
Good luck
xxxxx

Erm! Does anyone know how to edit the title of a thread???:confused:

wondernail said:
Not sure that if you drink loads of milk the baby will be bigger...but i know if you eat loads of sponges the baby will be bigger!! My son was 10lb 5 !!

See now rush out and chew on a sponge or two!!

Pmsl!!!!

That's so funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't want big one though, I am having a water birth with no pain killers aaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh! :Scared:
Not to mention I am 5ft 1 and origionaly a size 6, I want a small baby.

Pickle said:
Erm! Does anyone know how to edit the title of a thread???:confused:

Press Edit in your first message... once you are able to edit that you will see another Edit button on bottom left corner.. press that and it will allow u to change title.

xx

OPIGeek said:
Press Edit in your first message... once you are able to edit that you will see another Edit button on bottom left corner.. press that and it will allow u to change title.

xx

Thanks P, changed it a bit but also added to my first thread.

Cheers doll!
;)

On this subject.

Only already said about my cravings. Not sure about the milk thing - don't think it has a effect on the size of your baby.

Stretch marks do run in families - so the geek who said it is right. Your more likely to get them if your mum's got them.

My son weighed 8lb 14 oz and was a emergency c section as he was stuck. But also the size of your babies can be a result of genes also. My mum had big babies so i'm likely to have big babies.

But if your only 5ft 1 and a size 6 i can't see you having a massive baby - as they wouldn't be the room for it if your only tiny - the average size of a baby in britain is 7 1/2 lbs.

Hugs xx

Pickle said:
I don't mind "Thread thief" (joke!!!):biggrin:

I am currently using Palmers coco butter, I love it and my skin is still soft and supple. My mum and both of my sisters didn't get any so I like to think I will follow in their footsteps!

Me too! my skins been really quite itchy and it really seems to help. :)

As for size, you should have a graph in your green notes with approx weight at birth which they determined at the 20 wk scan. Mines coming in between 6 and 8lb they were'nt sure how far gone I was so it's a wide margin....:)

Pickle said:
I don't want big one though, I am having a water birth with no pain killers aaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh! :Scared:
Not to mention I am 5ft 1 and origionaly a size 6, I want a small baby.

hey hun i am only 4 ft 9 and my son was 7.13 lb :D so dont bank on a small baby :lick: , sorry to scare ya !!!! by the way good luck with the birth if no painrelief i think you are very brave !!!!! xxx

Latest posts

Back