Pregnancy cravings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midwives know nothing when it comes to predicting the size of your baby...they kept telling me mine was gonna be a 7lb baby.

I kept saying it was going to be bigger and get stuck!! And they told me I was being paranoid!!

I am only 5ft and knew I was going to have a massive baby as towards the end of the pregnancy the baby was so big and heavy I could not walk so they had to start me off early before I popped!!

So little old 5ft me had a 10lb 5 baby..........and yes he did get stuck so the midwife took hold of his head and pulled him out quickly!!!

avon do a cream its in a purple tube called re-fine stretch mark smoother i tried the coco butter it did not work for me ive got loads of stretchmarks my baby was 9lb 2 hes now 10 months they have faded alot now i had a c section as he was breech and 2 weeks early anyway good luck would love to see some photos when baby is here :hug:

Note to self - try and cover all points in this thread!!!

No cravings a such for me, except with ny daughter I couldn't face 'slimy' food so ate a lot of bread/croissants etc...

Stretch marks - got some with my son, they faded a bit then my daughter sat tucked under my ribs just long enough to give me some new ones!!! Little monster couldn't re-use the old ones!!!!

Lots of milk and big babies - don't know, can't stand the stuff!

Breast/bottle - ultimately it's up to you, do what works and most importantly don't beat yourself up over it...... My health visitor told mne that happy mums make happy babies (when I was in the depths of despair over breastfeeding).....

I think it's abit unfair the way they push breast feeding, I haven't made up my mind yet but I am tending to lean more towards bottle feeding as I really dont fancy having to whip my boob out every four hours... also they are already very sore so the idea isn't to attractive at the moment. :(

StarStar said:
I think it's abit unfair the way they push breast feeding, I haven't made up my mind yet but I am tending to lean more towards bottle feeding as I really dont fancy having to whip my boob out every four hours... also they are already very sore so the idea isn't to attractive at the moment. :(
I didn't get mine out for any of my three and it's done them no harm.
I have excema, & was told if I didn't breastfeed my children could have it as well. 3 lots of bottles and not one of them has.
I have two strapping boys, the eldest at 13 is taller than me. My daughter is tall for her age but quite slender, (I'm only jealous), but all very healthy.
Breastfeeding is great if that's what you want to do, and if it doesn't leave you completely drained with a baby attached 24/7, but if it's not for you don't let anyone make you feel bad.:hug:

my sis is 5ft 4 max and she has just give birth to a 10lbs 15 baby!! oh and i was 10lbs 8 so looks like i'm going to have a big one!! great...NOT!! x

Sooooo!

This has taught me lots actually.

I now know that just cos yer small it doesn't mean you will have a small baby.
It's ok to eat strange things when you are pegnant. (eg.sponges, coal, Ajax ect...)
If your gonna get stretch marks, your going to get em.....and if a 13 year old can do it so the bloody hell can I! (in the paper on Monday!)

Thanks everyone for all your answers, they have both helped and made me giggle. When baby pickle is born I will post pics of him/her for you all to see.
We have a while to go yet though but whoever gives birth in the meantime it will be really lovely to see some pics of your babies.

But for now, lets keep this thread going....I love it!:Love: :hug:

Pickle said:
Sooooo!

This has taught me lots actually.

I now know that just cos yer small it doesn't mean you will have a small baby.
It's ok to eat strange things when you are pegnant. (eg.sponges, coal, Ajax ect...)
If your gonna get stretch marks, your going to get em.....and if a 13 year old can do it so the bloody hell can I! (in the paper on Monday!)

Thanks everyone for all your answers, they have both helped and made me giggle. When baby pickle is born I will post pics of him/her for you all to see.
We have a while to go yet though but whoever gives birth in the meantime it will be really lovely to see some pics of your babies.

But for now, lets keep this thread going....I love it!:Love: :hug:
i'll put some baby pics on for you later cos i'm on my husbands laptop cos mine wont connect to the internet xxx

~shelley~ said:
i'll put some baby pics on for you later cos i'm on my husbands laptop cos mine wont connect to the internet xxx

Brill Shel, can't wait.
x

i wanted dairylea and salt and vinegar chipsticks (not at the same time tho) while i was pregnant, orange juice and squash and jam doughnuts although i dont think the douhgnuts were really a craving i just used to eat loads coz i was getting fat anyway!!
I had no stretchmarks until about 7 months when i started getting really big- i put 4 stone on in total which must have been a shock to my body as i'd been 8 stone since i was about 12.
I was led to believe that a lot of pregnancy and birth stuff like if the baby is big/small, early, on time or late has more to do with the daddys mum than your own mother- which was true in my case
I breastfed for her first few feeds, then when i got home that night and couldnt satisfy her hunger i sent lee out to tesco 24hrs for formula milk and did a bit of both for 2 weeks then eventually just gave her bottles-it seemed like she was permanently on my breast but never getting full. You just have to do what feels right to you and your baby
as for not having pain relief, try to be open minded coz i only wanted gas and air but after 16 hours of of a 24 hour labour and not dilated past 4 cm i was so exhausted thay gave me a shot of pethidine, followed by an epidural (which was fab) but i was devastated that i was having it and felt like i'd failed somehow. wow i am really waffling on now sorry!!
Good luck tho however you choose to do things-soon you'll be wondering what all the worry was for!!

laneypants said:
i wanted dairylea and salt and vinegar chipsticks (not at the same time tho) while i was pregnant, orange juice and squash and jam doughnuts although i dont think the douhgnuts were really a craving i just used to eat loads coz i was getting fat anyway!!
I had no stretchmarks until about 7 months when i started getting really big- i put 4 stone on in total which must have been a shock to my body as i'd been 8 stone since i was about 12.
I was led to believe that a lot of pregnancy and birth stuff like if the baby is big/small, early, on time or late has more to do with the daddys mum than your own mother- which was true in my case
I breastfed for her first few feeds, then when i got home that night and couldnt satisfy her hunger i sent lee out to tesco 24hrs for formula milk and did a bit of both for 2 weeks then eventually just gave her bottles-it seemed like she was permanently on my breast but never getting full. You just have to do what feels right to you and your baby
as for not having pain relief, try to be open minded coz i only wanted gas and air but after 16 hours of of a 24 hour labour and not dilated past 4 cm i was so exhausted thay gave me a shot of pethidine, followed by an epidural (which was fab) but i was devastated that i was having it and felt like i'd failed somehow. wow i am really waffling on now sorry!!
Good luck tho however you choose to do things-soon you'll be wondering what all the worry was for!!

I think I will try to breast feed then if I can't, go on to bottles.
I will keep my options open for the birth now...thanks babe xxxx

Pickle said:
I did that too, I had an epidural & it ran out for the actual delivery so i had the best of both worlds really!

Two of my friends had wierd cravings 1 broken glass, she overcame this by eating ice and the other bricks and she wouls actually would pick away at a brick and eat it!!!

i didnt really have cravings, just like my chocolate, but then i still do lol

also i suffered really bad with heart burn and also cause it was twins i always felt full up really quick as i looked full term when i was just 28 weeks pregnant

i ate ice like crazy ( i think they call it pica -when you crave ice, it's some sort of nutrient deficiency). i would go to sonic drive in and order a 5 pound bag of crushed ice and eat it all weekend.

.... and m&ms and coca cola (everyday!)

Pickle said:
You know that you can try a bit of both dont you?? With my first son a breast fed till he was 7 mths old and loved every minute but with my second son i found it very difficult to satisfy his hunger(greedy lil git)so i bottle fed through the day and breast fed in the evenings , that way i didnt have to heat a bottle up in the middle of the night:)
My hideous craving for both my boys was tile grout:o used to pick it out of the tiles and munch on the stuff dont ask me why cos i dont know............

madferrit said:
My hideous craving for both my boys was tile grout:o used to pick it out of the tiles and munch on the stuff dont ask me why cos i dont know............

:eek: :Scared: :lol:

OPIGeek said:
:eek: :Scared: :lol:
Lol dont know whats worse though, coal,ajax powder,sponges or tile grout all pretty weird......:o

Breast all the way...

Palmers stretch mark cream from Tesco is fabulous

I crave anything that is food - although if it's sweet and big then it's at the top of the list

this week - duck liver pate on ryvita

last week - cream cakes

week before - cornish vanilla ice cream

week before that - Tiramsu

And to start with a whole massive Tesco finest strawberry trifle and I do not share any of it!

Nothing weird - it's just I don't normally have a sweet tooth

Always garnished with about 5 Tums tablets to cope...

Alexxxxxxxx

mine was smash mash with the juice only from a can of baked beans poured ontop.....ate buckets full of it while i was preggers... xx

Latest posts

Back