Pregnancy cravings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pickle said:
When are you due?

i am due in about 5 wks but it will be about 2 wks early coz i am having a c section :D (cant wait !!)

Gammon and egg.... I'm not a big meat eater, but he certainly is, he doesn't like indian and if I eat it he kicks off big time.... jut been diagnosed with gestational diabetes so have to watch what I'm eating now. :sad:

mine was cheese i would eat loads of it just eat slabs of it all day also gallons of milk

With my first it was green apples with hot chilly sauce, my second rogan josh (hot) curry every day for three months breakfast, lunch and dinner. Can't look at one now though.

dee said:
i am due in about 5 wks but it will be about 2 wks early coz i am having a c section :D (cant wait !!)

wow, very exciting.
I have to wait til August!!!
All the best hun x

hi i'm clare and i'm a newbie, my craving over the 2 of my girls was big fat pickled onions left soaking in a cup of tea until they were all warm and soft. used to go through jars of the things lol

Can I add another part to the question too? as i dont want waste more space and bandwidth with a new thread.. but ive been wondering lately..

What did you apply for your stretch marks? Did it work??

xx

for my first it was granny smith apples i would eat about 5 in a row then wait an hour and start again.

for the second it was bowls full of ice cubes-do you know the big bags of ice you can get from the supermarket i used to go through 2 a day.

i used palms coco butter, it worked for me i dont have any stretch marks at all on my stomach

OPIGeek said:
Can I add another part to the question too? as i dont want waste more space and bandwidth with a new thread.. but ive been wondering lately..

xx

I don't mind "Thread thief" (joke!!!):biggrin:

I am currently using Palmers coco butter, I love it and my skin is still soft and supple. My mum and both of my sisters didn't get any so I like to think I will follow in their footsteps!

Fingertips ND said:
My mum craved coal!

I craved, and ate, blackboard chalk with all of mine - by the packet!!

OPIGeek said:

xx

I used coconut oil every evening on stomach (and boobs) and I don't have any stretch marks. Shame it didn't work for the cellulite!!

OPIGeek said:

xx

From what I have seen there are very few things work to prevent stretch marks. They are hereditory so if your mum had em, you'll have em! lol (Correct meif I'm wrong).

I have read that a zinc deficiency places are part in strectch marks, so remember to take your supplements.xx

HI

with Joe it was chocolate doughnuts and galaxy
with Ethan Chocolate anything! and pate which i couldnt have

My third (which is now) is fruit gums, fresh pineapple and mango and diet cherry coke!

Nothing too weird i suppose i am boring lol

With vinnie I had a thing for McDonalds Double cheese burgers - I could have 3/4 at a time (fat PIG!!) and Co-op's indvidual triffles and friut salads!

I tried that Bio Oil for stretch marks but it didn't work so I tried Palmers coco butter and that did better but my marks were quite bad by then!! I ended up with steriod crem at 34 weeks as I developed an allergic reaction to my pregnancy!!!!! LOL

By the way How long - If you don't mind me asking :o- did it take people to start having their monthlys again? Vinnie is 6 months and 2 weeks old and there is no sign of mine appearing. Is coz I had a c section?

it was ice lollies for me and gallons of fizzy juice......i am a serial diet coke drinker but i couldnt stomach it when i was pregnant

this post has brought back memories.......this time last year i was heavily pregnant and munching dozens of ice lollies.....lol

stanleyann

lexylove said:
With vinnie I had a thing for McDonalds Double cheese burgers - I could have 3/4 at a time (fat PIG!!) and Co-op's indvidual triffles and friut salads!

I tried that Bio Oil for stretch marks but it didn't work so I tried Palmers coco butter and that did better but my marks were quite bad by then!! I ended up with steriod crem at 34 weeks as I developed an allergic reaction to my pregnancy!!!!! LOL

By the way How long - If you don't mind me asking :o- did it take people to start having their monthlys again? Vinnie is 6 months and 2 weeks old and there is no sign of mine appearing. Is coz I had a c section?

it took me about 6 months to get them back - you should ask your midwife/health visitor xxx

~shelley~ said:
it took me about 6 months to get them back - you should ask your midwife/health visitor xxx

I have and they said "every ones different.......Are you sure your not pregnant" Also told Gp who asked same question 3 times in 2 seconds!!! then they refered me to gynocology who said live it til your 6 month then see me again I have appoinment on 12th of April, you can garentee (?!) they start on the 11th!!! LOL

with my two sons no cravings but with my daughter it was ice- ice-ice I would sit and crunch on ice cubes all day, I got banned to the back room as iIdrove them mad with my crunching, when I went into labour I made sure I had some with me, but as soon as she was born the craving went away.

wondernail said:
I used to eat bathroom sponges..........15 a day, and I would have eaten more but my husband put his foot down!!

I used to send him off to go and buy basketfuls of them just to keep me sane!!! I couldn't face a day without having some!!!

Weird!!!
Can understand that one, I never ate them tho, just chewed and sucked icy cold water from them. The texture of a new sponge was great. I thought I must have been the only one with this embassasing secret till now.:biggrin: :o :biggrin: Only affects me when preggers thank goodness.

Latest posts

Back