Pregnancy thinning my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shell-Perfect10

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I'm from beauty geek but need your advice.
I had my dark hair blonde for about 8 months, I am also pregnant and my hair is SO thin!
It's back dark now bit it's literally third of the thickness it was, is there anything I can do to thicken it up? Xxx

Hair can thin during pregnancy due to changes on hormones , some women may experience hair loss after they have given birth , after the birth your hair should be fine when your hormones are more balanced xx

I'm not a hair geek so this is just experience not education, but minee went thin after...it was full during pregnancy and then 3 months after all started falling out and going very thin. I ended up having my hair short to give the illusion of thickness and so the weight didn't pull it down. It's back to normal now. So try not to worry as it will go back, I took vitamins for hair (after I had baby) and consider a restyle as a change? Good luck xx

Ps I used a great otc hair thickening spray but I'm sure geeks can recommend a better thickening spray product too?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Heya she'll, speak to your stylist, they will advise you the best hair are prods for your hair, salon professional are the best, not sure what you are using, they won't make it thick but give the appearance and your stylist will be able to show you a few pointers on how to give the illusion of thickness etc.... Also are you having regular trims? Weak and fine hair is more prone to damage, damaged hair goes weak and fine, catch 22, regular trims, good prods, good advise and don't worry about it is the best I can say Hun..... It's will return to normal x

As the. Notice says at the top of the Hair Forum

Notices
If you are looking for advice and you are not a hair professional, then please post your query in the Consumer Queries forum.

I shall move this to Consumer Queries.

Prenatal vitamins have both copper and folic acid in them. Both of these are awesome for hair growth. Keep taking it.... it cannot hurt.

try nioxin, it thickens the hair and stimulates hair growth

Latest posts

Back