Pregnant and spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shell-Perfect10

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I am pregnant and I was wondering if any of you know how safe exposure to dha is when pregnant, ive only just found out so very early days. My tans this week I wore a mask but still had alot of tan when blowing my nose.

Any advice or experiences please xxx

There is no evidence to say spray tanning while pregnant is safe or unsafe.

Most insurance companies will not cover a spray tan during the first 12 weeks because the first trimester is when most miscarriages occur and any woman would look for something to blame and a tan may be the 1 thing they have done that they wouldn't normally and this then (in their mind) becomes the reason that they lost their baby and a claim goes in to the insurance company.

I know when I trained I was told that any pregnant lady being sprayed after the 12 week stage may have green guide colour, patchy tan, lighter than normal tan or bad wear off because of the change in hormones going on in her body.

I have sprayed a few pregnant ladies and none have had any problems with their tans at all. The guide was fine, the colour of the tan was fine and the tans have all lasted just the same as when they were not pregnant.

I was like you and concerned when blowing my nose and the tissue was brown! I tried sniffits and wearing a mask, it's worth a try? I found it did limit the amount of gunk that came out after each tan but didn't stop it completely. Luckily for me it was during the quiet period for spray tanning when I was in the early days and didn't do many after that before going on maternity leave. I'm due next week. I've used tanning mousse once at 28 weeks as didn't want to get a spray tan and it turned out awful so haven't tanned again but have tanned many pregnant ladies after first trimester and their tans turned out lovely! Congratulations! :)

Thank you :)
well I decided to limit my spray tan appointments and the ones I am doing I am wearing a mask for.

Xxx

Good idea! You can get nose filters too. And congratulations!!!!

Latest posts

Back