Pregnant any contraindications on treatments??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loo

Reaction score
Hello

I havent posted for ages, some of you might still remember me?? I got married last April and have just found out I am expecting a baby. Its very early days and sadly I miscarried last month so am extra paranoid and want to be as cautious as possible with work treatments.

Can you tell me if there are any treatments I might want to avoid doing on clients whilst I am pregnant myself. I know treatments clients shouldnt have done when pregnant but what about me doing them when I am?

I have heard it is okay to continue using all my Eve Taylor products on my clients and the anti stress oil is ok.
Silly question but is it okay to do non surgical facelifts with the probes as far as I am aware the current does not pass through my hands so that should be okay as it is done by holding the probes.
Guess only other concern is massage will it put a strain on me in early or late pregnancy?

Sorry to sound so paranoid andask these questions but have not been pregnant before apart from losing last one very early and just want to be safe.

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Love Lucy xxxxxxxx:)

first off can i say congratulations!!!

i would just becareful, wear a mask if doing acrylic nails or avoid doing them till you past the first trimester, aromatherapy oils but im sure u know that.

Am not 100% sure hun but just wanted to say congratulations!! xx

Congrats.. I know you can't use all aroma oils, please check as I'm not sure which ones are safe. Usually from what I know if your body is used to a certain sport (/i would say doing massages is a sport) prior to pregnancy then its ok to continue, since your body is already used to it, however since you;ve miscarried before you should take it easy.. also since pregnancy is so soon after yoiur miscarriage i would say check with your GP. Good luck :) Pregnancy is can be a really nice experience. I recommend the book 'what to expect when you;re expecting' its got loads of info.
Also, a work of advice.. the more people you ask .. the more confused you'll get.

take care :)

Congratulations :hug:
There is no reason why you cant do nails if your pregnant.

thanks everyone I am very excited but also very nervous and worried still as so early on that all will be okay. I have still been doing nails but with all windows open upstairs lol and a mask as the smell seems to get to me when it never did before.
My main worry which I am sure is okay as dont think the current passes through me when I am doing it is non surgical facelifts??
I use the machine where I am holding two probes with cotton buds so I think this one is safe for me to use but not on pregnant clients.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks Loo xxx

So sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I would have thought there is no danger as the current is passing through the client not you. But why not call up the machine manufacturer just to make 100% sure. Good luck and congratulations. :hug:

Latest posts

Back