Pregnant Nail Tech- Is it Safe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorrineC

Reaction score
Hiya All,

I am a part time (from home) Nail Tech and my husband and I are wanting to try for our first baby. I am wondering if it is safe to be pregnant and still working doing Nails. I use either Creative, NSI or EzFlow Acrylic.

I hope that its not a stupid question :eek: but I want to make sure I can continue doing nails (my passion) while pregnant before I do anything.

Thanks so much!! Corrine. :)

All I can tell you is that I did nails the whole time I was pregnant, and never had any issues. If you feel uncomfortable though, consult with your doctor. Mine told me that it was fine. I had 2 healthy boys. Watch your venilation and you'll probably be fine.

All I can tell you is that I did nails the whole time I was pregnant, and never had any issues. If you feel uncomfortable though, consult with your doctor. Mine told me that it was fine. I had 2 healthy boys. Watch your venilation and you'll probably be fine.

Nail products for 30 years have been classed as safe to use during pregnancy as long as you follow the manufacturers' instructions which is to work safely and with proper extraction ventilation. As the naildoctor says.

Every nail tech I know has worked right through all their pregnancies. Never heard of a case ever where nail products were blamed for any pregnancy problems.

you may still be incommodated by the smell of your monomere (or even gel!!!) way more than before, and even if you have a good air extraction.

but no risk for the baby as Gigi said :)

Hiya All,

I am a part time (from home) Nail Tech and my husband and I are wanting to try for our first baby. I am wondering if it is safe to be pregnant and still working doing Nails. I use either Creative, NSI or EzFlow Acrylic.

I hope that its not a stupid question :eek: but I want to make sure I can continue doing nails (my passion) while pregnant before I do anything.

Thanks so much!! Corrine. :)

hi corrine, i am in the same situation as you, me and my hubbie have just started trying for a baby and i can highly reccomend a great book for you to read it is called" zita wests guid to getting pregnant". my sister lent me it last week and it has some great info in it,

good luck xx

you may still be incommodated by the smell of your monomere (or even gel!!!) way more than before, and even if you have a good air extraction.

but no risk for the baby as Gigi said :)

Hi i am in the same situation as corrine, what is the best form of extraction ventillation?

thanks liz

Hi i am in the same situation as corrine, what is the best form of extraction ventillation?

thanks liz

Extraction Ventillation is any form of ventillation that sucks dust and vapour from the working area and extracts it outside so that fresh air can circulate. You want to remove not circulate the same old stale air.

Latest posts

Back