Pregnant with really bad skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princesslilyxx

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

Wondered if anyone can help me? I am suffering from really bad excema the past 2 weeks. My excema has gone awol. From 20 weeks of being pregnant my skin has got so bad, and I can't sleep at night. Its getting me so down, and I am excited about the baby but just my excema is getting me so down.

My belly has got so worse its really itchy and red. My docs say there is nothing they can do really, but have given me some creams to help it! Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks xx

Hey i'm not an expert on eczema but have you tried dabbing on calamine lotion that has been cooled in the fridge where it is itchy, this will just soothe and take the redness down and is safe during pregnancy. Are you eating a lot of acidic foods e.g oranges (including juice) and tomatoes e.t.c as these have been known to make eczema worse. It is more than likely due to your pregnancy but have you changes your washing powder lately as this can make it worse. Have you been wearing maternity tights that have rubber or something you are allergic to? try wearing only cotton and leave the tights off if you are. :hug:

hi hun,
i get psoriasis which is similar to eczema, i used the cocoa butter stick from the body shop (they don't always have it on display so you may need to ask) its also great for helping to prevent stretch marks.
i found it really soothing so it may help you a a little
xx

Thanks for your replies so far. I will try the body shop and calomine lotion and see what happens. It sjust so itchy and makes it unbearable, I suffer from excema normally anyway but its just recently where it has got so bad.

I am going to have a bath and soak my skin and see if that helps x x

not sure if you already use it but e45 bath oil is brill! it can be a bit pricey for a bath oil (you could probably get it on prescription) but it is fantastic.
my daughter had eczema when she was about 2 weeks old, we bathed her in that twice a day and applied aqueous cream and it cleared it up really quick. i carry a little tub of the cream in her bag just in case her skin gets a little dry but touch wood after the ezcema cleared up it hasn't come back

really hope you find the solution for you xx

I am not sure if this is any help at all, but my son have had really bad eczema at his hands since Christmas. He is very dry, the skin cracked, he got sore all over and his hands were red like a traffic light! It was really, really bad. We tried everything, but nothing worked. In the end I tried Guinot "Baume anti-irritation" and after only 2-3 days his hands got much better. Now after 7 days his hands are like baby-skin! The creme is a face-creme, but I was SO frustrated that I thought, why not try it, and it worked. It's only 7 days since he started using it, but he uses it every night now. Good luck!

C.

you could try bio oil, i love the stuff! look at this link

.: Bio Oil :.

Thanks for your replies so far. I will try the body shop and calomine lotion and see what happens. It sjust so itchy and makes it unbearable, I suffer from excema normally anyway but its just recently where it has got so bad.

I am going to have a bath and soak my skin and see if that helps x x

Hi Lily,

Soaking in the bath may actually in the long run be adding to the irritation.
Drying the skin and causing it to feel tight & itchy. Cut back on the hot baths for the moment & when you do soak add some goats milk powder or a soya based bath powder to soothe & calm.

Base oils such as grapeseed & almond are great for moisture retention & general massage.
Olive oil seems to be popular with pregnant ladies for tummies & thighs in reducing stretch marks.

I"d recommend Body shampoo from Vani-t's Bodywear range to cleanse with
& their Body Frosting to moisturize with.
You can also use these on bub when he/she has arrived, very gentle.
Hope your feeling better asap.

HtH

XX J XX

Nailzoo was talking about emu oil the other day, it had helped his achy hands. One of the things it is recommended for is eczema, maybe it would be worth looking into if nothing else helps xx

Latest posts

Back