Prep question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltongue

Reaction score
Yesterday I went with my mum to her tech that shes been going to for about 4 years to watch. Mum soaked her acrylic off then the girl started on her new set of overlays. The only prep she did was Scrufresh!! which of course only took a couple of minutes before she started to apply the acrylic. There was no sign of cuticle remover. The whole service only took 1 hour. Mum is always very happy with the results and doesn't seem to get any lifting so I don't understand when I've been told PREP PREP PREP!!

Louisa x

Prep varies from person to person. Some people are blessed with having no cuticles attached to the nail plate, and if they don't have any shine on their nails then you don't need to buff it off do you! (Geeg did this on my nails to test the theory, she did clear my cuticle area, but no buffing at all, just a good scrubfresh ... and no lifting) So maybe your mum is one of those that only needs very minimal prep.

When someone has had their nails done for years and then has a soak off too, what is there to do apart from ScrubFresh?? Cuticle is removed regularly so there is no build up and there is certainly no oil to remove from the surface (the soak off will have seen to that.

The technician was quite right not to stress out the nails any more than was absolutely necessary. This was very responsible of her. Your mum is lucky to have a technician who understands the principals of prep well enough not to overdo it!

geeg said:
When someone has had their nails done for years and then has a soak off too, what is there to do apart from ScrubFresh?? Cuticle is removed regularly so there is no build up and there is certainly no oil to remove from the surface (the soak off will have seen to that.

The technician was quite right not to stress out the nails any more than was absolutely necessary. This was very responsible of her. Your mum is lucky to have a technician who understands the principals of prep well enough not to overdo it!

I have noticed this, I only have a few clients but I can definitely see the difference in the cuticle area and my prep time on them has shortened.

the more often a client come to see you the less work you have to do on them... having said that I do look forward to new mani clients who have shedloads of non living tissue, just to remind me exactly how much invisible rubbish there is on the nail plate lol... their faces tell a story... they're normally disgusted and can't understand why there is quite so much... :D

Thanks guys, I'm learning more each day!

Louisa x

Latest posts

Back