Price change and client I haven't seen for 9 months

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

i'm a mobile beautician and i've had a phone call from a client i haven't seen for 9months, i have booked her in and didn't even think about the fact that my price list has changed since then so haven't pre-warned her, my prices have only gone up by £1-£2, should i charge her old price list or current price list? I know i should have warned her on the phone but i was taken back by the fact she asked for a discount because she was having so many treatments in one session (she's having 3 treatments that come to £40 which is the normal spend for my regulars that come to me every 2-3 weeks) so i said no and explained why, because i wouldn't give her a discount she has now cancelled one of her treatments so now it only comes to £15 (old prices) or £17 (current prices). my mum says this is a silly question and i should just charge current but i'm not too sure, i don't want to upset anyone for the sake of £2. thanks in advance geeks :)

Id def charge her new prices!

thank you! i think i'm abit too soft (i no i no, bad busy lady!), just wanted to check what other peoples thought were :)

Why should you be bullied into charging the old prices?

the new prices are including a inflation of costs.- people were pre warned no exceptions to the rule and enforce it. hopefully with enough time to absorb the difference. (bit of a joker- she hasnt come in in 9months and wants a discount).

Its simples to pre warn or state the prices will be £XX when you get in contact with her next. Dont dither over it. Stick to your guns! xoxo

I'd be tempted to do it for old prices and give her a new price list.

You should have explained on the phone but as you didn't its a goodwill gesture.

BUT having asked for a discount in the first place it's like your giving in.

Why should you be bullied into charging the old prices?

the new prices are including a inflation of costs.- people were pre warned no exceptions to the rule and enforce it. hopefully with enough time to absorb the difference. (bit of a joker- she hasnt come in in 9months and wants a discount).

Its simples to pre warn or state the prices will be £XX when you get in contact with her next. Dont dither over it. Stick to your guns! xoxo

I'm actually really niggled about the fact she asked for a discount, i have clients who have full on pamper days and spend £100+ and don't ask for a discount.

right this is it geeks! current price list charge it is :D i'm quite excited!!!

I'd be tempted to do it for old prices and give her a new price list.

You should have explained on the phone but as you didn't its a goodwill gesture.

BUT having asked for a discount in the first place it's like your giving in.

with my regular clients or clients who come to me once a month i have been doing this until i can get them the new price list, but having not seen her for 9 months.. this is what i wasn't sure about x

She's not been to you for 9 months, so don't give her discount. Where has she been going for the last 9 months, then asks for discount. That's a bit cheeky I think, I know the saying is "if you don't ask you don't get" but she is being cheeky x

When you send her an appointment reminder text a day or 2 before the treatment just state the cost is £17.

That means she has warning BEFORE the appointment to get that extra £2 (as being mobile I know some clients literally just have the corect money on them) and if she wants to query it then she can text or ring you back about it. If she does double check the price with yopu just say "yes it is £17 as my prices went up back in January" (or whatever month they went up :wink2:).

I agree with baggybear. Send a reminder text with the price. Cheeky asking for a discount and 3 treatments for £40 sounds like a really good deal anyway xx

Absolutely agree with Baggy. I think she would just try and get it for the old price unless you made it clear on the confirmation call/text, as she has already tried to get discount and you were already considering charging less. It means you will be prepared and not put in a position that makes you feel uncomfortable.

If we didn't go into a shop (eg debenhams) for 9 months and next time we went in the prices have increased, would we expect to get it for the old price?! I don't think so 😛

thank you! i think i'm abit too soft (i no i no, bad busy lady!), just wanted to check what other peoples thought were :)

Me too, similar situation here, i just booked in as normal... I am going to appointment & will charge her old price but give her my new pricelist & say its a one off as I haven't seen her to make her aware of price increase.too soft aren't i? Xz

she only made the appointment last night for tomorrow (another reason i'm annoyed about the asking for discount because i squeezed her in on my lunch break) so would be abit ott to send a reminder. I think i'm going to see how she is tomorrow and decide what to do, see what feels right :) thanks geeks!

Latest posts

Back