Price lists! What do you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut blow 25.00
Dry cut 16.00
Gents 12.00
Blow dry 20.00
Half head 30.00
Full head 40.00 (60 with cut finish
Full head tint 25.00
Roots 18.00
Hair up 15.00
Hair extensions weft/ weave including hair and fitting from 130.00
Bonds/ rings from 250 upwards

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

That's not making sense :/

Yes I do but I easily fall for the...oh it's So hard ATM making ever penny stretch!

Ignore the whining! The general public think that because they spend a "large" amount on their hair that we Hairdressers are raking in the money. Those people that whine are the same people who would skip tipping their waitress because the kitchen made a mistake. I find that the "cheapest" clients tend to always have the fullest wallets in reality. My worst tips come from those clients with more money than the Vatican! My best tips come from the financially struggling bar tender who truly appreciates that they are being served. It comes down to respect. Demand it by charging what you are worth, those who whine are showing their disrespect for our career... And they are the ones that I Do Not worry about charging. :)

Ignore the whining! The general public think that because they spend a "large" amount on their hair that we Hairdressers are raking in the money. Those people that whine are the same people who would skip tipping their waitress because the kitchen made a mistake. I find that the "cheapest" clients tend to always have the fullest wallets in reality. My worst tips come from those clients with more money than the Vatican! My best tips come from the financially struggling bar tender who truly appreciates that they are being served. It comes down to respect. Demand it by charging what you are worth, those who whine are showing their disrespect for our career... And they are the ones that I Do Not worry about charging. :)

Here here!
:)

How do you all work out how much you are going to charge?

I have a formula written somewhere, but you basically work out how much your time is worth, how long the service takes and the cost of products used ontop etc, if you have a salon, you have to work out your total outgoings, and work out that per hour etc, it wasn't that hard to work out, so will find it for you x

in the salon I work we give the price, i charge a price,the other stylist charge something else etc..

i want to put my price up when i get my level 2 qualification in 2 months so then i will put 20% up for sure.. the salons around me charge much more so i will 2.. xxx

Wow.. getting hair done in the UK is cheap! Lol here in Canada.. and we are very cheap compared to big salons
Cut and finish 35$
Color cut and finish 60$
Full head foils cut and finish 85$
Base color + full head foils cut and finish 130$
Lol !!
Salon based in Montreal, Canada

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek

Wow.. getting hair done in the UK is cheap! Lol here in Canada.. and we are very cheap compared to big salons
Cut and finish 35$
Color cut and finish 60$
Full head foils cut and finish 85$
Base color + full head foils cut and finish 130$
Lol !!
Salon based in Montreal, Canada

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek

its not cheap it depends where u live... we have some salon here aswell that charge a fortune lol

I'm quite surprised how cheap some of the prices are. My town isn't particularly affluent and there are ALOT of salons so competition is pretty fierce and I feel a tad expensive now haha x

I'm quite surprised how cheap some of the prices are. My town isn't particularly affluent and there are ALOT of salons so competition is pretty fierce and I feel a tad expensive now haha x

Lol. Mr expensive ;p

Lol. Mr expensive ;p

No no. That's not what I mean. I mean my prices sit inline with competitors in this area. Mabye it's just my town. We are cheaper than our nearest city though. I'm just surprised is all. Thought the farther south you wet the more expensive it got. Obviously a common misconception x

No no. That's not what I mean. I mean my prices sit inline with competitors in this area. Mabye it's just my town. We are cheaper than our nearest city though. I'm just surprised is all. Thought the farther south you wet the more expensive it got. Obviously a common misconception x

I know I'm joking lol it really depends. What u charge I guess where I live salon very expensive

In the salon I work now full head highlights is 50.

Half head 43

T section 35

Full head colour 40

Semi 35

Cut and finish 30

Wet cut 17

Wash and blow 15

Any colouring service must be with wash a finish so 15 on top of any colour.
But I still think its cheap compared to the other salons so I will be charging 15%\20% more soon xx

The area I chose average 45 for cut and style regardless as to how long/short your hair is, some split it short and long, and they are 35 and 45.

So I worked out what I could charge and what my closest competitors are charging and and fall in line not the cheapest but not the most expensive, but I'm worth what I ask for on my colours. Lol.

I had a lady ask how much I charge for a blow dry today on short hair and didn't book in when I told her 18.59 which I think is neither cheap or expensive, but she obv thought was expensive. But I charge what I charge and those who pay appreciate the work I put in :)

The area I chose average 45 for cut and style regardless as to how long/short your hair is, some split it short and long, and they are 35 and 45.

So I worked out what I could charge and what my closest competitors are charging and and fall in line not the cheapest but not the most expensive, but I'm worth what I ask for on my colours. Lol.

I had a lady ask how much I charge for a blow dry today on short hair and didn't book in when I told her 18.59 which I think is neither cheap or expensive, but she obv thought was expensive. But I charge what I charge and those who pay appreciate the work I put in :)

Lol I wouldn't charge the 59p lol

I agree 15 what we charge for blow is cheap. As Its a salon when I used to be mobile I used to charge 20!!! Just for a blow wouldn't charge 20 if client were having colour or cut Etc

Lol I wouldn't charge the 59p lol

I agree 15 what we charge for blow is cheap. As Its a salon when I used to be mobile I used to charge 20!!! Just for a blow wouldn't charge 20 if client were having colour or cut Etc

Lol 50 not 59 hehe.

Brilliant response, thanks guys xxx

Cut 10
CBD 20-25
BD 10
Curly BD 15
Roots with cbd 35
Colour cbd 40
tbar cbd 37
half 47
full 57

I'm home based

This thread is so interesting! We all offer pretty much the same services at very different prices, and we all still manage to keep the business a float and make a living. ❤

Latest posts

Back