Prices - changing from salon to home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarity10

Reaction score
I am possibly leaving my rented beauty room and moving my business so it operates from a home salon.

Ive been researching prices in the local area (salon/home & mobile) and im looking to hear from anyone who has experienced a similar situation...

Did u alter your prices? Did clients expect u to do so? Whilst it will appear I will have less overheads, I won't as I will have a mortgage to fund, which isn't the case atm.

I am confident in what I do and don't want to reduce my prices but have a feeling the odd existing client might expect this...

I don't offer a long term loyalty programme at present, so was thinking this could be the compromise.

Currently, I offer the 6 treatment complimentary, if they make an advanced purchase of 5 treatments.

Any view points are gladly welcomed!!!

Thank you so much! x

You can't win them all so I would suggest keeping your prices the same, I reduced mine but find most clients will just give me what they paid in salon, my prices will be in line with salon prices by the end of march.

Good luck hun, if your clients love you they'll pay xxx

While I was mobile I was charging more than I do now in a salon, less overheads? Yes. Wasted time traveling and waiting? Yes.

Keep the same or increase them, I doubt people will be as willing to walk into your house to ask for an appointment like they would at a salon and you will have to Cover the loss Of earnings from walk in's that will be missed.
I know you will save in areas such as travel, and you can fit
In other things between clients, but there is making sure all areas clients will see must be spotless, the cost of decorating etc... Xoxo

I rented a room for a year and now work from a log cabin that I had custom built in my garden.

Whilst it was being built I worked from an upstairs room and wondered whether to decrease my prices since I now have less overheads and I never did.

Not one single person has questioned me at all over my prices. As its been said before - you still have to cover your costs that you could potentially lose from no walk ins.

Plus for me I justify that I still have to re coup the massive cost of the cabin itself

X

Keep your prices as they are. I reduced mine when I moved to working from home and I now regret it. It's harder to increase your prices once people have gotten used to paying less and new ones will question why you are so cheap.

I had my reasons at the time - compensating them for travelling to me (i'm about 20mins from my old salon) and dealing with me having my newborn with me at the time. Now I don't feel people are respecting me as a therapist because of my cheap pricing, I'm attracting people who are price sensitive and i'm not making enough to allow me to invest back into the business AND pay myself something reasonable! :(

Thanks for your thoughts!

Will definitely stick to current prices or I might even slightly increase them then (I haven't in two years).

But excellent points about decorating, plus delivery charges etc have increased due to fuel.

Thanks again. A step nearer deciding what to do now!

Latest posts

Back