Prices for Shellac, Herts , North London?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yadagi

Reaction score
Hi fellow Geeks ,

Just trying to sort out my prices for Shellac, and was thinking of the following , to charge for doing in my treatment room at home .

Shellac , cuticle work, file and polish... £20 and soak off and re-polish... £23 ??

With a Standard Manicure which includes massage £24 with soak off £27 ??

Luxury Manicure which includes massage , exfoliation and mask £29 plus soak off £32 ??

Or should I not charge extra for soak off and incorporate that in my prices ??
If not to include what should I charge.?

I live in Hertfordshire very close to North London and Potters Bar and I don't want to be over charging.

Also thought of doing a promotion up to the end of October say £17, £21, £25 respectively .
What do you all of you experienced Geeks think, and please feel free to suggest anything , I will not be offended .LOL...

P.s do you all do mates rate's, for friends and family : ???
:confused:

Hi fellow Geeks ,

Just trying to sort out my prices for Shellac, and was thinking of the following , to charge for doing in my treatment room at home .

Shellac , cuticle work, file and polish... £20 and soak off and re-polish... £23 ??

With a Standard Manicure which includes massage £24 with soak off £27 ??

Luxury Manicure which includes massage , exfoliation and mask £29 plus soak off £32 ??

Or should I not charge extra for soak off and incorporate that in my prices ??
If not to include what should I charge.?

I live in Hertfordshire very close to North London and Potters Bar and I don't want to be over charging.

Also thought of doing a promotion up to the end of October say £17, £21, £25 respectively .
What do you all of you experienced Geeks think, and please feel free to suggest anything , I will not be offended .LOL...

P.s do you all do mates rate's, for friends and family : ???
:confused:
The recomended pricing for Shellac is 50% of your normal manicure, so if you charge £20 for basic manicure but add shellac you should be charging £30.
IMHO the prices you are quoting is far to cheap.
Remember Shellac is a premium products and speaks for itself, you should be charging accordingly, especially in your area the minimum you should be charging for shellac is at least £25
Dont offer promotions too cheaply or it will be very difficult to put the prices up when the promotion ends. Why not offer a free pinkie of solar oil instead, that way your clients will feel they are getting something extra and at the same time can continue with an important part of home care.
And NEVER do mates rates or they wont respect your work, time and effort. you will also end up in a trap where they expect you to be at their beck and call and eventually expect freebies.
You are running a business and need to put your business head on
Jen xx

Thank you Jen,

I am so confused, as I have a beauty therapist very close to me also working from home who charges these prices too , and she has years of experience, whereas I have years of experience as a scientist instead !! LOL:eek:

If I up the prices, I am worried that I will not be able to build up my client base which I am initially going to get through friends and family .

But I think as a minimum then maybe £25 , £30, and £35 with soak off.??

£5 extra for pedis ??

BTW who is the best for business cards online ? .

thank you so much

Maria, I agree with Jeni, the prices you have quoted is too cheap. Considering the actual area that you live in, you could probably offer Shellac Manicures for at least £25.

Don't be afraid of prices, you are buying into a premium product so should charge a premium price. You are indeed new, but personally I think your painting skills are actually quite good for a newbie so charge what you are worth. :D It's much easier to start expensive and come down rather than start cheap and try to raise back up.

Also, including soak off in your shellac prices is a better idea. It's easier to read on your pricelist and it also means that the clients will need to come back to you which gives you the opportunity to re-shellac them.

Vistaprint is a very good online place for cards, leaflet etc...

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back