Prices & petrol if mobile??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zemma

Reaction score
Hello

In need of abit of advice im a mobile nail tech just starting out and trying to sort my prices out how do you mobile techs work your petrol?

do you add it in to your prices so your bit dearer or do you have it as a seperate charge and say to clients you charge x amount for petrol as your mobile?

any help would be great

thanks
zem

Hi Zem

I've seen this question asked before and I'm afraid I can't see the reasoning behind it? Your petrol and other motoring costs are just another expense, like insurance, products and consumables and have to be taken out from your profit (the amount you charge for your service). You can't change for a service and then add on the costs of your expenses.

It's a bit like me trying to charge my clients a percentage of my rent when they visit my salon:)

HTH
jes

Hi Jes
Thanks for the reply just trying to find out what other people do as some have said charge extra and some say build in to the cost of the service so trying to get opinions on others do, i would of thought i had to build it round my prices i give out and not have an EXTRA charge so thanks xx

Hi Zem

I've seen this question asked before and I'm afraid I can't see the reasoning behind it? Your petrol and other motoring costs are just another expense, like insurance, products and consumables and have to be taken out from your profit (the amount you charge for your service). You can't change for a service and then add on the costs of your expenses.

It's a bit like me trying to charge my clients a percentage of my rent when they visit my salon:)

HTH
jes

I guess that depends how you look at it....I dont look at it as expenses...I see it as an additional service but I guess that also depends on whether you predominantly work from home, salon or mobile.

If I was a mobile tech only I would probably tie it all in with my prices and cover a certain area...but as I personally prefer to work from home I charge what I charge and say that if they would like me to come to them then it will be an extra £5 (within my area).

If you ordered a pizza you would probably expect to pay a delivery charge and be happy to for the luxury of having it delivered? There would also be a minimum spend.

I want to encourage my clients not put them off so I factor it into the treatment costs by not having bargain basement prices so that the costs are covered already. I think a separate additional charge would put clients off. I do have a minimum booking of £25 though and restrict the areas I travel to. :hug:

I only use take-aways that offer free delivery within a certain area! lol

If you ordered a pizza you would probably expect to pay a delivery charge and be happy to for the luxury of having it delivered?
Hi Anna,

I sort of see what you mean, but the pizza is made in a building where the owner of the establishment is paying rent, rates, wages, insurance etc. These costs are factored into his/her prices for the pizza. If somebody wants one delivered it is an extra service and so the cost is justified (although most deliver free, with a certain radius:)).

A mobile tech is as it sounds, 'mobile', so I can't see how you could charge extra for being 'mobile' when 'mobile' is the idea of the business?

... hope that makes sense:rolleyes:
jes

Hi Guys
Well your all making me hungry for pizza lol:lol: !!!

Thanks for the posts i think il put it into the price of the service as not to put clients off im going to have an area i cover and if outside my area maybe charge abit extra to help with petrol ect but would discuss with the potential client.

Do you all have a min charge? what would it be as my min service is £10.00 so what would be suitable as a min service call out?
xx

I think if you are mobile and the client is in your area then it should be incorporated into your price. However, if you are home/salon based and are doing a job mobile as a one off you should charge extra and mileage as it's more time away from your salon. You possibly could have done 2-3 clients from leaving your salon until you return.

I'm having stuffed crust from Pizza Hut for dinner. mmmmm.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back