Printing price lists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloominbeaut

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just had new a5 trifold price lists designed can anyone recommend a printing company to use?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just had new a5 trifold price lists designed can anyone recommend a printing company to use?

Thanks

I use vistaprint ill upload my new leaflet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 245
If you need a quote you can message us :)

Vistaprint is cheap and cheerful. Depends what look you're after.

So from a printer, what's the difference in your printing and there's?

So from a printer, what's the difference in your printing and there's?

Paper quality. Ink tolerance as well. Also I think there delivery times are meant to be a bit to be desired for. I personally think there not bad on certain things. The only thing is I understand that a lot of people find it easy to use there templates and edit it with there content etc but it doesn't make you stand out at all and most of the time people dismiss it as seen the same artwork 10 times over.

They do however have a very successful business model of which I jealous of :)

EDIT: Also my biggest gripe is their odd sizes. The reason they do this is to get more jobs to a sheet when printing, therefore making it cheaper to produce. For example there business cards are a strange size and they don't do A5. They leave no gutters between jobs on the sheets so generally you may get an overlap of someone elses job. Depends if you are lucky or not.

Always wondered why they arnt liked on here, Iv used them once and I was pleasantly surprised.

£13.99 for 1000 flyers cudnae grumble!

Il use you next and see the difference lol

Could you not do basic templates? Plain with boarders?

Always wondered why they arnt liked on here, Iv used them once and I was pleasantly surprised.

£13.99 for 1000 flyers cudnae grumble!

Il use you next and see the difference lol

Could you not do basic templates? Plain with boarders?

Exactly. Hence why I think they do deserve there place in the marketplace. The business cards are the worst thing as there not really even card. Leaflets are fine. Thing is unless you use your template you pay extra for this, that and the other.

We could do something with borders but we would still have to add all the content ourselves as no one would have the same software as us to add it in. The Web 2 Print online design solutions where the client can design there own bits are quite pricey and for us wouldn't make our money back by far. There range from a few hundred per month going in to the thousands.

Ahh I see, not as simple as it seems to the untechy folk.

I think that's why people like vista aswell it's convenient

I done some thank you for recommending a friend leaflets and I think they turned out ok well to my eye but you'd probably have a fit!

Thanks everyone. Messaged you banner penguin thanks

Janine x

Ahh I see, not as simple as it seems to the untechy folk.

I think that's why people like vista aswell it's convenient

I done some thank you for recommending a friend leaflets and I think they turned out ok well to my eye but you'd probably have a fit!

Nope not too easy if you don't know how! Designing for print is totally different than designing for the web, where you can't do a lot wrong, and if you do, you just hit delete and start again.

With print design you could easily miss a bleed, or a trim, or not use CMYK colours- and then the printing will come back wrong, and you'd never know until you've spent hours on it and paid for it in advance!

I'm biased (obviously) but It's like everything, if you want a professional job you go to a professional.

Everyone owns a pair of scissors, but not everyone can cut their own hair :)

Nope not too easy if you don't know how! Designing for print is totally different than designing for the web, where you can't do a lot wrong, and if you do, you just hit delete and start again.

With print design you could easily miss a bleed, or a trim, or not use CMYK colours- and then the printing will come back wrong, and you'd never know until you've spent hours on it and paid for it in advance!

I'm biased (obviously) but It's like everything, if you want a professional job you go to a professional.

Everyone owns a pair of scissors, but not everyone can cut their own hair :)

I totally get this, I wanted to know why vista wasn't deemed as pro, I own a computer but would never print my own

Vista print have served me well, I do get the point on quality etc, but I just find them convenient to use and can order small amount im always changing things on my prices list, I also had 2 bad experiences with locals one printer and one sign designer :'(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I've used vista print and still do for business cards and loyalty cards (designed Extensionize) and have used other stuff in the past. Delivery times are really long, or if you want it quicker it costs a fortune.

I tend to get their free stuff pens, banners etc. the banners are good for a bit of advertising outside.

I then use a printer for flyers, my roll up banner, Christmas cards etc

I've used various printers and have recently used banner penguin for some a6 flyers. Really quick turn around aswell! Sense creative were ok but a but pricey and also not great customer service.

I am using banner penguin again to print some welcome cards which we will be sending to new clients. Carl is designing them this week!

I agree vista print have there place but you can recognise what is vista print and what is not.

Jemima :)

Hi BannerPenguin, I'm going to message you for a quote x

Latest posts

Back