Pro Tip Clips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the verdict? I can't decide whether to invest in some or not? I find the foil removal fussy so was thinking this night save me time with removal....

In my opinion they work well.

I still think the old CND wraps looked better and more professional. Clients used to be able to drink a cup of tea or make their next appointment. Now they sit there and look like they are about to be plugged into an electric circuit!!

They do their job though.

In my opinion they work well.

I still think the old CND wraps looked better and more professional. Clients used to be able to drink a cup of tea or make their next appointment. Now they sit there and look like they are about to be plugged into an electric circuit!!

They do their job though.

I've lost one! Im gutted. Do if anyone knows of anywhere selling them off individually. That would be fab

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

From the FAQ section of their website:

What happens if I lose or break one of my clips?
No problem! We’ve definitely dropped a thing or two unknowingly or left something behind to later wonder how it “disappeared.” We offer replacement sets of two clips for $15. Although, if you’ve noticed a pattern disappearing proTIPCLIPS, someone else might have fallen madly in love with them – consider purchasing a new set of Mani or Pedi proTIPCLIPS for $35.

I've lost one! Im gutted. Do if anyone knows of anywhere selling them off individually. That would be fab

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm gutted for you! I remember realising I'd thrown my Facial bushes - could have cried!

I tried them with cotton balls and they worked great. No problem with the tips.

I tried them with cotton balls and they worked great. No problem with the tips.

Did you find it worked better with the balls than pads? On some people they're working well and on others not so much. I've found 10 mins isn't enough :/

Felicity xx

Much better with the cotton balls (I used half a ball on each nail) and a really snug fit. Polish off in about 12 minutes.

When I first tried them was a bit unsure, but now I use them with cotton wool balls to remove shellac and used them to remove a set of l&p and I love them

So what's the difference between these and the Biosculpture soak off clips you can buy off Ebay for £6, well apart from the price.

I had success using them to remove my own Shellac last night. I used a thicker pad and made sure I used more remover than I would with my Magis so after ten minutes the pads were still wet and not just damp. Hands were in normal regular towelling mitts with a warm wheat bag just to take away the cold feeling.

The pads I used were a polish removing pad that you get on a big roll, one pad for each nail, folded vertically in half and taken right over the nail and down the other side. My other hand I used cotton balls. Both were successful and both were wet still after 10 minutes.

I had success using them to remove my own Shellac last night. I used a thicker pad and made sure I used more remover than I would with my Magis so after ten minutes the pads were still wet and not just damp. Hands were in normal regular towelling mitts with a warm wheat bag just to take away the cold feeling.

The pads I used were a polish removing pad that you get on a big roll, one pad for each nail, folded vertically in half and taken right over the nail and down the other side. My other hand I used cotton balls. Both were successful and both were wet still after 10 minutes.

I couldn't afford to use more remover! I use the Nail Harmony remover and it's very expensive as it is. It's not as though you even save much on foil, they need to be washed and sanitised, so that costs too.
I don't want to change to acetone if I don't have to. My price reflects the remover used and my clients appreciate that I use the full system.

So what's the difference between these and the Biosculpture soak off clips you can buy off Ebay for £6, well apart from the price.

Probably not much.

I got some off ebay for £3! they didnt disolve in the acetone and they work lol

I find the acetone just evaporates, especially on the toes :(. Im disappointed with them, the only way i think they could work is to use them to hold the foil on, feel like they were a waste of money

I bought these the other day, I like the speed that you can put them on, I actually found them a bit slippery (no grip) when I picked them up to put them on clients nails, a few times I have pinched the clip to open and it has slipped from my fingers and flown across the table, lol.

I have mixed reactions, some of the nails were clear of polish and some had a bit of polish on the ends, which I left for another couple of minutes. Bit of a faf to keep washing/sterilising them, but otherwise I think they will grow on me! x

I have decided to use cotton wool balls now as it molds to the nails giving better contact. A new client returned for a reapplication of Shellac the other day and it was the best removal I have ever experienced.
I used Nourishing Remover, again making sure I saturated the cotton wool. I removed the first clip after five minutes just to have a look and to my amazement the Shellac came off like a dream. :D

I am using cut cotton strips that fold over the free edge with mine and the acetone keeps evaporating! 😡😡 I have tried really soaking the strip but still keeps happening.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance xx

After trying them for a while I'm not a fan. I do find they hold foil in place well which gives fab removal.

Bring back the wraps as far as I'm concerned!!

I really liked the cnd wraps!! Such a shame they're gone. I usually use foil, but bought the clips from eBay. They are good, but I found the acetone just dried up and the gel was left on the tip of the nail. I'll probably stick to my foil!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416038436.893426.jpg

I hate them too, but they do hold the foil on figiters. But i wish i had just bought the cheap ebay ones :Scared:

Latest posts

Back