'Problem client' - Creative L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle77

Reaction score
Help please!!

I had a client come to me from anotehr salon a couple of months ago. She originally wanted an infill but it had been over 3 weeks since the set had been applied (didn't know what products had been used etc), there were some missing so I advised client to have a soak off and new set applied as I was not happy to infill over someone elses work. She agreed. Once I had soaked off the 'old' nails I noticed that 3 nails were lifting from nail bed (onycholysis) so I advised that I couldn't put enhancements back on these nails. I worked on the others and gave the correct aftercare etc.

SHe continued to have regular 2 week infills and rebelance and before xmas I was able to do a whole set as the other nails looked 'healthy' again and were attached!

The client returned the week before xmas after 'losing' the majority of her enhancements while decorating! I applied a new set but after a week she rang saying all but 2 had lifted from cutilce area. She came back and I did a soak off and reapplied. I noticed that the 3 nails had started to lift again. I asked her what products she'd been using (hand creams, cleaning detergents etc) She said nothing. She was due for infill today but did not arrive
icon_evil.gif
, when I rang she said that they had ALL lifted again after 3 days. SHe would ring near her holiday at end of month for a new set.

What have I done wrong?????????
icon_cry.gif

I dont have a problem with any other client. I made sure that I carried out my prep correctly, maybe overdid it with the scrubfresh??!!!!?? I changed my liquid before, and made sure there was no comtamination there, after prep I worked on the same hand so client couldn't get ANYTHING on it!

When I did he last set i didn't charge for a full set because at that point I couldn't say what had caused it but this time I wondering if there is an outside factor??????

SORRY THIS IS LONG!!!! Hope you're all still awake.

HELP!!!!!!!!!
icon_sad.gif

Many Thanx
Michelle

Michelle77 said:
Help please!!

I dont have a problem with any other client. I made sure that I carried out my prep correctly, maybe overdid it with the scrubfresh??!!!!?? I changed my liquid before, and made sure there was no comtamination there, after prep I worked on the same hand so client couldn't get ANYTHING on it!

Michelle
Hi Michelle

I find it hard to beleive that this is your fault, as you say you aren't having any problems with other clients.... Scrubfresh won't be the problem, so long as you allow it to dry before application.

Do you know why she came to you in the first place... was it perhaps because she was experiencing breakdown and lifting... If it was, maybe the technician wasn't the problem....
You say she had been decorating... What sort, as it may have been very hands on...
Is she using solar oil (or similar) regularly....
I had a client like this once, she expected her nails to be perfect no matter what she did or how she treated them.. She would even come in with blood under her nails and tell me they "just fell off"

I might suggest if you really want to test her out, try using...
Nail fresh
Scrub fresh
acid free primer
Liquid of choice....
Careful application and finishing....
This is the killer formula for lifting, in my experience... HTH

Michelle77 said:
What have I done wrong?????????
icon_cry.gif

I dont have a problem with any other client. I made sure that I carried out my prep correctly, maybe overdid it with the scrubfresh??!!!!?? I changed my liquid before, and made sure there was no comtamination there, after prep I worked on the same hand so client couldn't get ANYTHING on it! Many Thanx
Michelle
I highlighted the above because it is an important statement! This client has already admitted to the 'decorating' lark, and has constant problems...maybe she can't leave them alone?? She probably received the onycholisis either from picking full sets off herself (which thins the nail plate and depending on how badly, can cause nail plate separation as the nail nears the free edge) or, the previous tek over-buffed her natural nails causing the problems - either way Michelle - you can overlay a nail with Onycholisis (see tutorial and also I have been doing it for years on my left pinky - when I have it that is:rolleyes: )!!

This is the moment when sometimes more experience helps... YOU MUST be firm and ALL KNOWING!!! Remember - you know 100 times more about nail enhancements than the clients sitting opposite you (well hopefully you do anyway:eek: ). Trust in your knowledge and keep track of what you did previously (client record card - which I am sure you do)!! Evaluate her nails - you can so easily make a judgement from the look of them as to what she is doing (I am a picker - yes I admit it, once I have broken one... I find it hard not to start messing with the other nine)....my 'picking' has driven Diane, Samuel and Gigi INSANE FOR YEARS :Scared: - a naugtiness that I now have under control! Don't always assume it is YOUR fault - especially as you so readily stated I dont have a problem with any other client!!

Be firm, be knowledgeable and don't say 'sorry' - it may not be your fault - only say it, when you know full well, it is!!!! HTH's :hug:

Thanx for your replys!

It has made me feel better and just comfirmed what I was thinking (sort of). It wasn't something I did!!

The client tells me she uses solar oil but I have my doubts!! The majority of my clients are great and I can tell when they look after them and what they are using. This client did say she had had a problem with lifting in the past........

I think now I do need to be FIRM but polite and tell her to take more care and use the products I have suggested (and sold) to her in order for her nails to stay in the condition they were when she left me!!

Thanx for the advice Mrs Geek!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back