Problem with girl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Witch

Reaction score
A stylist works for me part timeand I found out that she wants to do Brazilian straightening on a client in her own time buyingproduct from a local supplier.. We do this in the salon. Don't know what to do or where I stand. Not very pleased.What doi you suggest? THnx.

Does she have a contract in place preventing her from working outwith your salon within a certain radius or on your existing client base? How did you find out that she is carrying out the treatment.

If she doesn't have a contract then legally there is not much that you can do. Maybe just a quiet word in her ear that it would be a conflict of interest??

You don't need a written contract to enforce the rules and etiquette of the salon. Any employee that has worked for you more than 12 weeks will have to abide by any verbal rules.

I would take this girl to one side and explain that if she were (or any others) to do clients from the salon at home, instead of in the salon, there would be no money in the pot to pay wages. She may not realise what she is doing is wrong but she must have common sense!

I make it very clear, from the interview stage, that it is not tolerated to do clients from the salon at home or mobile work, unless it is immediate friends or family. You are running a business and if everyone took work from you, you would not be able to employee anyone, so they would all lose out.

Hope this gets resolved swiftly for you. :)

Is this a client of your salon? If so then she should not carry it out in her own time at home. How would this proposed business proposition have occurred? No doubt she would have mentioned she wanted the treatment and offered to do this instead of paying salon prices.

This staff member is then poaching your business so I would professionally step in and say you will not tolerate staff taking clients away from the salon. Why not then ask the client if she wants to book in for the treatment in salon as she has suggested she is interested in it.

Major red flag!!!!!!!!
Any stylist providing services offered by the salon, needs to be pulled aside immediately. As an owner I would not allow this, it is diversion and creating competition. When the businesss has rent, utilities, overhead, etc. the price point will be different and gives her an unfair advantage.
Act quickly, and put a stop to it.

Latest posts

Back