Problem with Lechat Nobility clear straight on natural nail.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penny H

Reaction score
i did a french NNO on feb 13th using ballerina pink & pure white, but 1st did 4 clear sculpts for 4 shorter nails. just found out all 4 sculpts came off in the bath the next day, as client got ready to go out for valentine date (oh no).

the others lasted fine, but she hadn't liked to tell me as i did them for free as a thank-you (she was a case study model for me) - and she is a student (ie has no money) bless her.

only difference i can see is that the sculpts used clear gel onto the natural nail, but the others were pink/white. i asked her & she said yes, they did peel off from the tips.

i had just the clear gel on my own nails a couple of weeks ago, and that came off within a few days - thought it was because my nails are quite thin from over filing (from fellow student practicing at college), but now wonder if it's the clear gel. had the pink & white on before with no problem.

anybody else either had any similar problems, or had good lasting results from the clear gel directly onto the nail?

thanks
Penny

Hiyah
I use Nobility gel on Nat Nails only and I have not come across any problems with this system, I am also a Lechat Nail Trainer, please can you give me your step by step of Prep and product application for me to help you further.
cheers
Sue :)

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I have always been under the impression Le Chat Nobility is for nno only, not suitable for sculpts?

I havd had the same problem,the gel only lasting a day or so.Just gave up after many trials.I did ring them,they just said look again at my prep.

i am told you can sculpt with nobility clear pretty much like calgel, which is how i tried it.
the ones on my own nails that didn't last were just clear NNO. (the previous pink & white with same procedures lasted fine)
tiptop - what i did was as follows
cuticle work & remove shine with 240 sponge.
just the 4 needing sculpts -
wipe with nobility gel cleanser, apply nobility primebond & let dry.
sculpt tip beyond free edge with clear, just overlapping nail - cure 2 mins
clear over new 'tip' & take it part way onto the nail - cure 2 mins
wipe with nobility gel cleanser, shape edge & buff off shine.
all nails
wipe with nobility gel cleanser, apply nobility primebond (nails only) & let dry.
apply pink, wipe off to smile line & freeze cure, apply white & freeze cure
cure 2 mins (4 fingers or 2 thumbs at a time)
coat of clear, cure 2 mins & wipe.

did i do something wrong?
because i did the same on all nails - so the only difference is the ones with clear sculpts peeled off after only 1 day.

thanks
Penny

Hiyah Penny
Another question needed to be answered, do you sculpt using silk or a nail form? as I sculpt with silk with clear nobility and I have no problems.
Can I ask if your UV lamp bulb needs changing as I recommend changing it every 6 months.
rest assure though that I am on to this for you :)

this shouldnt be a problem, i do this a lot with no hitches. it works with silk but it works fine without.

what i will say is it could be your pressure. when you apply the colours it needs putting on with a brush so you tend to work it on to the nail plate more. the clear goes on from the polish style bottle and it could be that you are not getting a good bond with the nail.

try putting some gel in a little pot or on a form and working it in to the nail with a brush for the first layer.

thank-you.
i sculpt with a form.
i would be interested to know how to sculpt with gel & silk though (guess its stronger than just gel?).

bulbs are quite new - lamp is quite new - works fine on everything else.

i can try clear gel applied with a brush & 'worked in' on a couple of my own nails - don't want to mess my poor student guinnea pig about any more - but if it needs applying with a separate brush why does it come in a bottle with its own brush?!

thanks again

Penny

thank-you.
i sculpt with a form.
i would be interested to know how to sculpt with gel & silk though (guess its stronger than just gel?).

bulbs are quite new - lamp is quite new - works fine on everything else.

i can try clear gel applied with a brush & 'worked in' on a couple of my own nails - don't want to mess my poor student guinnea pig about any more - but if it needs applying with a separate brush why does it come in a bottle with its own brush?!

thanks again

Penny

l.o.l , i see your point.
to clarify, it doesnt actually NEED to be done like that, but it is just a little 'trick of the trade' that might help you out.
you will soon be familiar enough with the product to get it working well for you.

if you want to try sculpting with silk rather than a form try this...
do all your prep and use prime bond.
apply a piece of silk that is enough to overlap the nail by about 1/4 of an inch and long enough for the extension.
apply clear gel to the whole nail and be sure it absorbs well into the silk.
cure 2 minutes.
apply gel to the underside of the silk .
cure 2 mins.
retun to the top surface and apply another coat of gel to smooth the surface.
cure 2 minutes.
buff the surface smooth if neccessary.
carry on with the nail as usual.

one thing i noticed in your description of how you were doing the nail, is you didnt mention building in extra strength to support the extension.
this is important when extending the free edge either with a tip or a sculpt.
on the last application of the clear gel, try painting on a thin coat and then applying extra gel down the centre of the nail . flash cure one at a time to make sure the gel stays where you want it.

Last edited:
THis is one for TIPTOP - I did a set of nno on Sat and on sunday they all came off - used the Nobility exactly as I should have done. The set I did on myself have been fine. The only thing I can think of is that the nail plate wasnt as dehydrated as it should have been. Any hints and tips?

well i did just my left hand yesterday to test this out being ultra careful with prep. used forms & sculpted tips, then 'pearl drops' for the tips and the rest clear, finishing with a coat of clear with extra in the stress area.

the free edge was most definitely capped - with a gel tip.

this morning they look odd on the clear bit just below the tip - hard to explain, but imagine what salt marks on shoes look like and it's a bit like that - kind of like something has soaked in a bit & left a slightly wavy line. it's spoilt the look, which i was quite pleased with yesterday.

:irked:

Hiyah helen17

I have just finished a nno on my mums nails, this is what I do and I have had no problems with Nobility.

Prep Nails
Prime Nails
Apply 1 coat of Nobility Gel work into nails
Cure for 2-3 mins
Apply 2nd coat of Nobility Gel
Cure 2-3 mins
Build stress area by placing log of gel down centre of the nail and flash cure for 20 secs do one nail at a time,when you have completed one hand cure whole hand for 2-3 mins
Wipe off sticky residue and apply oil to nails.

keep me informed if you are still having problems
Cheers :)

thanks TIPTOP,
I will try again. My own overlays have stayed on fine! Will have a play around and see what happens. I have always found Le Chat products excellent so was a bit supprised when things didnt work out.

thanks TIPTOP,
I will try again. My own overlays have stayed on fine! Will have a play around and see what happens. I have always found Le Chat products excellent so was a bit supprised when things didnt work out.

there is a nobility tutorial on my website that may help you out.

i wear nothing but nobility on mine and they work great even though i'm filing and using acetone etc. on clients all the time.

I am just waiting for my pure white to arrive - when it does I am going to have another try at the french! Hopefully this time they will stay on. The tutorial on your site is brill - just what I was after. When I get home from work will have a good study. Thanks

I am just waiting for my pure white to arrive - when it does I am going to have another try at the french! Hopefully this time they will stay on. The tutorial on your site is brill - just what I was after. When I get home from work will have a good study. Thanks

i'm alwys glad to help.:)

I do a lot of nobility nno, and often sculpt with it using the nail forms and I have had no problems with the sculpting so far, I have noticed on thin nails its a good idea to do 2 layers then build up the shape then buff and apply 2 more thin coats , I find this makes them stronger and they last for weeks.

Latest posts

Back