Problem with Minx Anchor shrinking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi, I've had a client text me and say she had to take her anchor (red and white striped one) off as it shrunk and looked stupid.

Now I've done hundreds of sets of minx, never had a complaint, do all the necessary prep and apply it all the same, some clients have their's on up for up to eight weeks.

I don't understand WHY it has shrunk, or is it that she doesn't like it perhaps? Either way I am baffled and now have to go back and re-do a new set for free.

Please can anyone shed light on why it would shrink please? x

my finger minx shrink about 1mm i dont know why but its frustraiting....feet perfect.. i tell people now to treat it as a delux manicure, not long term i tell them it may kreep back a little as we always use our fingers , i say 2 days to 2 weeks depending on how they take care... then its up tp them if they go ahead with it .... i totaly understand tho.:sad:

Hi, I've had a client text me and say she had to take her anchor (red and white striped one) off as it shrunk and looked stupid.

Now I've done hundreds of sets of minx, never had a complaint, do all the necessary prep and apply it all the same, some clients have their's on up for up to eight weeks.

I don't understand WHY it has shrunk, or is it that she doesn't like it perhaps? Either way I am baffled and now have to go back and re-do a new set for free.

Please can anyone shed light on why it would shrink please? x

First of all you don't know that it has actually shrunk!! I'd take a look and certainly would not do for free if you think there is some hanky panky going on.

Crumbs sake .. you have loads of experience with Minx I wouldn't just 'suck it up' .. If you get there and she has removed them so you can't see??? Don't do for free. Do not take her word for it as it all sounds very fishy to me and like 'client interference' (as my frined Marian would say .. Love that phrase).

Thanks geeg, I don't understand how it "shrunk" and she took it off, I personally thought at the time it didn't suit her very long nails, but she wouldn't let me cut them down. I think she's gone away and dislikes them. I've done four or five sets before on her without problem. I am going to do a pedicure on her so I will recoup some cost.

If you are going to do them for free charge her for the minx and apply them for free so your not losing as much.
Personally I wouldn't replace them free of charge if I hadnt seen the minxon the nails and what was wrong with them.

Good point, I think you need to see them so you can acertain the problem. Charge her for at least the minx as you didn't see them.

same happened to me with shellac, the girl had them on for 3 days and said they looked awful, however, she managed to get hold of acetone and took them off herself, so I never saw them! (she put the stuff in a plastic bowl and melted it too!) I think the colour was too dark for her work, as she did comment when I put it on, but told me to go ahead.

Some clients, eh??!!!!

Haha Geeg! Your 'frined' Marian also says Minx can shrink if they have been stretched too much. Also a client that knows no better could think that the nail growth is shrinkage.

Like all others no freebie without seeing them.

Latest posts

Back