Problem with NSI Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxSaffronxx

Reaction score
Hiya

I have used NSI products for a few years now and im always trying to find new ways of making the process quicker as I get more experience.

However recently I appear to be having problems where the gel lifts starting at the tips and then dirt builds up between the tip and gel after only a couple of days. Is this because I am not wrapping the nail correctly with the gel?

The gel also appears to come off the natural part of the nail relatively easy too which worries me. I am using a santise & dehydrate NSI product and also the Balance Bond before application of the gel. I also use the Glaze & Go to finish off. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Am considering changing to soak off acrylic instead in the hope it will stay on better on not only the natural part of the nail but also the tips.
But I must be doing something wrong even though I have used the same products for years! :irked:

It could be a number of things but the first thing that popped into my head is bad bulbs. Could this be your problem?

Hiya

I have used NSI products for a few years now and im always trying to find new ways of making the process quicker as I get more experience.

However recently I appear to be having problems where the gel lifts starting at the tips and then dirt builds up between the tip and gel after only a couple of days. Is this because I am not wrapping the nail correctly with the gel?

The gel also appears to come off the natural part of the nail relatively easy too which worries me. I am using a santise & dehydrate NSI product and also the Balance Bond before application of the gel. I also use the Glaze & Go to finish off. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Am considering changing to soak off acrylic instead in the hope it will stay on better on not only the natural part of the nail but also the tips.
But I must be doing something wrong even though I have used the same products for years! :irked:

Are you sacrificing the quality of your prep by cutting corners for the sake of quickness? SOMETHING you were doing successfully has changed.

Are you removing the shine from your tips before applying the gel with a 180 file (particularly white tips) .. are you etching the natural nail for adhesion? Are you capping the free edge? Are y our UV bulbs getting old and needing changing?

All the obvious questions ... really only you know what you have changed in your routine or how old your bulbs are..

Ahhhhhh fabulous girls - I bet its the bulbs!!!
I have not changed them for ages!

Will try that and see how it goes :)

See its funny when you ask someone else as you cant always see the problem yourself!

And yes maybe i am slacking in the prep too. I certainly dont always buff the white tips - maybe will try that also :green:

Ahhhhhh fabulous girls - I bet its the bulbs!!!
I have not changed them for ages!

Will try that and see how it goes :)

See its funny when you ask someone else as you cant always see the problem yourself!

And yes maybe i am slacking in the prep too. I certainly dont always buff the white tips - maybe will try that also :green:

Gel will always peel off white tips if the tips are not etched with a minimum of 180 grit on the file. Are you using clear gel over the white tips or white gel over the white tips? White gel will not fully cure over white tips but clear gel of course will cure.

Gel will always peel off white tips if the tips are not etched with a minimum of 180 grit on the file. Are you using clear gel over the white tips or white gel over the white tips? White gel will not fully cure over white tips but clear gel of course will cure.

I use clear gel over white tips :)

Latest posts

Back