Problem with root glow with foils and tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C22

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a shade that can be used inbetween highlights on a base 5 client. We usually use a base 8 and tried various tones. It always looks ok but I find they always get a touch of root glow. My boyfriends mum in particular does not like to see too much gold. When I lift the hair up it always looks fine and the shade I've wanted to achieve but I think it's a combination of the contrast of the bleach highlights against the level 8 that makes it look more warm and obviously the base 5 being a orange undercoat. She likes being blonder and I usually put alot of foils in and just touch up the roots as she likes everything covered. Having the same problem with another client of the same depth base.

i think your either using the wrong developer or the wrong formula choice for her hair. What brand do you use? Shade, strength?

Personally if im lightening to a level 8 without too much gold, i neutralise the warm undertones with a ash of the same level. It comes out just as you want it, without any orange undertones. Or use a toner afterward for about 5-10 mins till your happy with the desired shade. xoxo

I use 30 vol to achieve the base 8. Ive tried a flat 8, 8.13,8.1, 8.2 everything!

Also I use loreal. I must add it looks fine without the light coming down on it as in when I lift the hair up at the parting, it just that when the light hits it where it would naturally ... Sunlight or artificial light. Maybe I should try putting more foils through the parting ?!

Can anyone recommend a shade that can be used inbetween highlights on a base 5 client. We usually use a base 8 and tried various tones. It always looks ok but I find they always get a touch of root glow. My boyfriends mum in particular does not like to see too much gold. When I lift the hair up it always looks fine and the shade I've wanted to achieve but I think it's a combination of the contrast of the bleach highlights against the level 8 that makes it look more warm and obviously the base 5 being a orange undercoat. She likes being blonder and I usually put alot of foils in and just touch up the roots as she likes everything covered. Having the same problem with another client of the same depth base.

I would probably tone afterwards with an ash or violet toner depending on the amount of warmth just for about 10 minutes :)

I'll try that on Monday .. Thank u x

Please let me know how u get on with this as I'm having the exact problem with my mum! She's base 5 and has bleach foils and colourflood with 9.1 and 9% xx

why dont u drop it down ever so slightly
mix in a spot of seven for the roots. if your firing in plenty of foils the slightly darker root touch will give of less of a gold hue if its still ur ash concoction x

Just an update.. Tried it with 20vol 7.13 today and turn out gorgeous :) with fine bleach foils. :)

Please let me know how u get on with this as I'm having the exact problem with my mum! She's base 5 and has bleach foils and colourflood with 9.1 and 9% xx

This is easy!! Incorrect peroxide strength being used so colour will not do its job correctly, 5+4=9 -5 = 4 levels lift, use 40vol the number your left with is the volume of peroxide for example 10 vol 1 level lift 20vol 2 levels lift 30vol 3 levels lift 40 vol 4 levels lift hth x

Latest posts

Back