Problem With Spray Tan Machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEPHC195

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and has a quick solution for me??

My T200 machine has been working fine up until last week when it started spitting out the solution, instead of coming out in a smooth fine mist it kept stopping and starting. I have put another O Ring in thinking it could have been this and stripped down the gun and used wd40 which improved it but it still keeps stopping every now and again!
Its typical because its been pretty quiet the last few weeks and now I have loads of tan's booked but i'm worried i'm gonna have to send my machine for a service, any suggestions???:cry::cry:

When you stripped down your gun did you take out the needle and did you put all the parts into a bowl of a weak solution of soap and water to have a good soak,
after this you need to lay out all the parts on an old towel and leave them to dry overnight before putting back together,

also are you remembering that you need to fill your cup to half way with the solution so you get the air flow needed,

the other thing that would cause your gun to not spray in a mist is if you are tilting the gun as you are doing the spraying, hth :hug:

Yeah I did all that and left it all night to dry, I have always done that after every tan so I dont think its blocked, I filled it half full with water today and watched the water come out and every few seconds it just has a break?!?

It sounds like you have a bit of dried up solution stuck in the needle,
put water in your gun again and let it spray continuously, start off with it on the setting to get a mist and keeping hold of the trigger release the dial so it is fully open and letting loads of water come out, still keeping hold of the trigger now tighten the dial so that it goes back to the mist setting and let it spray the rest of the water out,
this should pull through any dried up bits, hth

I'll try that now thank you x

This should work but if you are still having problems give Collin a call on
0845 022 2233 and he will go through everything with you on the phone to try and get to the bottom of the problem,
i can guarantee it will be something and nothing, hth :hug:

You live right near me and isn't the water sooo hard?.I had this and im sure its our water causing a bit of limescale build up.Check with Collin or your own supplier ,as i wouldnt want you to mess up your machine on my advise ,but i use the weeniest bit of white vinegar in my rinsing water ever so often.I read on here someone uses the clear windolene with vinegar also,just a drop mind.
Wd40 then lubricates and keeps the limescale away
Also when you have finished spraying you must rinse your gun through asap and then take the cup off and blow it through with just air which will dry it and get rid of any trapped water.

Still not working properly thanks for all your advice, I'll give collin a call after i've piced the husband up from work!! x

You live right near me and isn't the water sooo hard?.I had this and im sure its our water causing a bit of limescale build up.Check with Collin or your own supplier ,as i wouldnt want you to mess up your machine on my advise ,but i use the weeniest bit of white vinegar in my rinsing water ever so often.I read on here someone uses the clear windolene with vinegar also,just a drop mind.
Wd40 then lubricates and keeps the limescale away
Also when you have finished spraying you must rinse your gun through asap and then take the cup off and blow it through with just air which will dry it and get rid of any trapped water.

Gillian...your info is far from inaccurate...extremely good in fact...hard water areas do cause major problem with spray tan guns which do need far more maintenance and lubrication than in other areas :hug:

My husband has just taken the whole thing apart (even the little bits I couldn't undo) and sprayed again with WD40.
It seems to be working alot better but i'm still not sure its 100% so not gonna take anymore bookings until its had a service or something.
Thank you all for your help, Fingers crossed its holds up for tonights tans!!

x x

My husband has just taken the whole thing apart (even the little bits I couldn't undo) and sprayed again with WD40.
It seems to be working alot better but i'm still not sure its 100% so not gonna take anymore bookings until its had a service or something.
Thank you all for your help, Fingers crossed its holds up for tonights tans!!

x x

Yey..husbands are handy things to have around hey :hug:

Latest posts

Back