Problems removing stamping polish from around the nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectly polished

Reaction score
I currently use a brush dipped in pure acetone to remove any part of the image ive stamped which has ended up around the nail on the skin.I use mundo de unas stamping polish and I find that however much I dip and wipe it doesnt fully disappear.at best, theres a faint dirty looking mess where ive wiped.
This looks unprofessional when I do it on my clients. Tge actual nail with the stamped iumage loojs great but its the skin around which looks bad.
I always tell them this will rub away over the next day or so but I dont think its goid enough.

You can use liquid latex to protect the skin

I haven't tried it myself, but I've seen video clips where sellotape (scotch tape) is used to take it off, especially with black polish which has a tendency to spread and stain when being removed with remover.

There's several masking fluids on the market now which you paint on the skin let dry then peel off once finished.

There's a product that you can brush on around the nail before you apply the polish. You wait for it to dry then do your stamping then once done it just peels off. Ive seen alot of nail techs use pva glue (white craft glue) and it works equally as well. I dont suggest applying glue but there is many youtube clips on it and from what ive seen it works great.

I currently use a brush dipped in pure acetone to remove any part of the image ive stamped which has ended up around the nail on the skin.I use mundo de unas stamping polish and I find that however much I dip and wipe it doesnt fully disappear.at best, theres a faint dirty looking mess where ive wiped.
This looks unprofessional when I do it on my clients. Tge actual nail with the stamped iumage loojs great but its the skin around which looks bad.
I always tell them this will rub away over the next day or so but I dont think its goid enough.

Are you using the stamps on gel polish? If so, once you topcoat your design you can wipe the whole nail and skin over with polish remover, this removes the tacky layer and all the polish on the skin without affecting the design (I do two topcoats on the design to make sure). If you are using the stamps on normal polish, ignore me!

I use the liquid latex that was posted above. Works a treat, only down side is if a client had a latex allergy xx

I have liquid latex but I dont have the time to sit and wait for it to dry and I would run into my next clients slot.
I heard that using acetone to remove the tacky layer affects the gel polish and it wont last as long so I don want to do that,althoufh I have sometimes.
Regarding scotch tape,its placed around the nail before stamping but looks such a mess.could I use scotch tape to pick up excess image print from the skin around the nail?

Liquid latex is the quickest drying and easiest to remove, but if you are worried about sensitivities to latex there is a product called 'Strip me Off' by NYC its a peel off base coat available from Superdrug it can be painted on the skin around the nail, takes a few minutes to dry, and comes off in one piece. x

In all honesty, my favourite removal technique has been Mundo polish remover and a soft cotton pad. It's not failed yet and leaves the skin so soft x

I heard that using acetone to remove the tacky layer affects the gel polish and it wont last as long so I don want to do that,althoufh I have sometimes.
I use polish remover, not pure acetone. It works perfectly and I promise you it does not affect the finished nail, the shine or the wear. It's by far the quickest way of sorting this problem.

I use acetone free polish remover once I have applied the gel topcoat and cured, works great and removes all the stamping polish x

I use isopropyl alcohol and a lint free pad. The same one I use to remove the tacky layer. I topcoat then take the tacky layer off all 5 nails with a generous amount of alcohol. Then I go back over the fingertips and rub a bit vigorously. With very little effort, it all comes off. No need for acetone, tape or latex. This only works for Mundo de Unas stamping polish not regular polish. I use alcohol to clean the plates too but you have to clean them right away before they dry completely.

Latest posts

Back