problems with acrylic and gel lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo louise

Reaction score
HI im new to the sit and iam just getting back into the industry and have done different courses to try and get back into it,but i seem to be having alot of problems with it.the arcylic and gel seems to be lefting alot and i am at the point of not doing nail extension anymore.
please is there anyone that can help me on this matter,
Its not very easy for me to go back to where i trained as i live out in germany with my family.
I have also done a course in air brushing which i really like but as im new to this as well it would be realy great if anyone could give some ideas for that to

many thanks j

hiya and welcome xx

can i just ask what products are you using and what prep do you do ?

xx

NailStyle said:
hiya and welcome xx

can i just ask what products are you using and what prep do you do ?

xx

the products i use are nsi and the edge i sanitize the hand sand dehydrate the nails and thengo over the nail plates wiyh a 100 grit

Hi there

i agree with Angie's comment, we really need to know what products you are using and your prep. As soon as you tell us, somebody on this site would have been trained in what you are using and then give you the advise you need. :Love:

Hi there !
I would guess it is the prep or maybe u are applying too much of the product, with the acrylic try different wetness/ dryness beads as sometimes if the bead is to dry it can cause the overlay to lift and crack.

Good luck i hope this will help.:)

Hiya, do you remove the cuticle from the nail plate....sorry i dont use this system but does it require a primer...are you useing and oils or cream on the nails b4 application. do you scrub the first layer (i am talking gel now cos its all i use) onto the nail ? these are all things that are related to liftling...there are many more but as i dont use the same system its hard to tell. dont worry one of the geeks using it will help. xxx

I use NSI gel and acrylic.

With the gel I push back the cuticle, remove excess skin, file the natural nail to shape, etch the natural nail slightly with a zebra 180 grit file, wipe with sanitiser, apply the tip, blend, shape, sanitise again to remove excess dust, apply primer after it has dried and leave the primer for 1 min until tacky then apply the product in layers but not too thinly!

I have not had any lifting as of yet.

Make sure you don't leave too longer time gap between filing and adding primer or the natural nail oil will have returned to the surface again making it harder for your gel to bond.

Hope this helps!

I would probably focus on one system rather than both until you feel confident again.

You need to fill out your profile and let us know which l&p system (NSI simplicite, competition or speed, classic? or the edges?) and also the gel (Balance, light fantastic or the edge?)

Outline exactly what you are doing from start to finish and where you are having the most problems.

Hope this helps

thanks i will give that ago

derry moody said:
Hi there !
I would guess it is the prep or maybe u are applying too much of the product, with the acrylic try different wetness/ dryness beads as sometimes if the bead is to dry it can cause the overlay to lift and crack.

Good luck i hope this will help.:)

The Nail Geek Tutorials
Perfect Preparation

Read this its great and should help xxx

also i would never use anything other than a 240 grit on the natural nail, 100 is very harsh imo.

Latest posts

Back